Thread: Is this normal?

kirsty_lee Guest

Unhappy Is this normal?

Hey girls... well 24 weeks now.. and it's going so quickly. Thing is though I've not yet been for my "routine" doctors appointment at the hospital with the doctor there. I've had appointments but the first appointment was cancelled due to some mis information and mis communication and I've got one for tomorrow which i've now had to cancel due to a funeral I've got to attend. *sigh* it's really not been a good week but on top of all the other stresses, bills, funerals etc im stressing about the fact im 24 weeks and not yet been to see the doc at the hospital, i know it's only a quick appointment and its just for them to get my scans etc.. but is this normal? a friend of mine was pregnant and had appointments left right and centre..... if someone could reassure me that would be great...

Hi Kristy-Lee,
    Congrats on making it to 24 weeks!! I would schedule an appointment for as soon as you can, i havent been for my 'routine' app yet either and im almost 13 weeks. I go on the 2nd. But I have booked into the hospital. I am sure your stressing over nothing by the sounds of it your already seeing a midwife/gp/ob already, and have had appointments with them, the dr at the hospital will just see if your "qualified" to do shared care etc. (well thats the app i have to go to and guessing thats the one your talking about).
    Sorry to hear you have to cancel because of a funeral. Could your friend that had heaps of apps had a problem in her pregnancy?? GD, lots of M/C, etc? That could be a reason she had so many..
    Sorry if i havent been much help, But please dont stress, Just make an app asap.

Hi Kristie Lee
    I would only be worried if you hadnt seen ANYONE at all yet... if you have been seeing your gp until now thats fine. Have you had any scans? Like your 18-20 week one? Thats just when they check that bubs organs and everything are right

If its just your hospital appt, i didnt have one until i was 27 weeks, so you ahould be fine.

Goodluck, and if you are worried, just re schedual asap.

STAR

kirsty_lee Guest

Hey Star bright, Yeah i've been to my first hospital appointment with the Midwife and i've seen my gp and i've had all my scans and they all came out fine and we've been told bub is perfectly healthy.

Oh well then no need to stress dear!! Im glad to hear all is well with bubs!!
    In my last pregnancy (which sadly i lost my girl- but not due to lack of appts- long story) the hospital didnt even want to know me until about 23-27 weeks, i went in and had no worries, i had a meeting with a midwife and arranged a few things, i guess its just up to how organised you want to be!! The other thing too is that, even if you meet your delivering dr, you might not get them as it will depend on who is on the day/night you go into labour!!

I'm sorry about the funeral you need to attend, i would just re schedual the appt for when yu can.

Good luck!!

Good luck!!