Thread: Are you out of normal clothes yet?

Default Are you out of normal clothes yet?

Following on from "Are you in Maternity Clothes yet?", I thought I'd ask this.

Aside from swapping skinny jeans for maternity jeans, I've made no other consessions to the bump. Still in my "normal" work clothes, still needing a belt for the ones I needed a belt with before, still in my size 8 tops (although the tightly fitted blouses tend to gape a bit in the evening after dinner), still in my normal underwear - no non-wired maternity bras for me!

Who else is in the same boat? And when did you have to give up your "normal" clothes and start wearing maternity ones? I'm hoping to get through until at least November without Maternity clothes: after that I have been lent some tops and I have some size 12 trousers and a skirt I can make do with, but was planning to live in maternity jeans and baggy fleeces (or pyjamas) for the last month or so.

babyluv Guest

hey Ryn,
    I am wearing maternity jeans as of about 4 weeks ago. Still in my 'nomal' underwear and am only just starting to find my t-shirts arent fitting nicely over my bulging belly (but i still wear them round the house or under a jacket).

I have been wearing a bellyband for a few weeks now, because my fave pair of jeans are just too tight... I have been wearing a maternity bra from almost the beginning, because my BBs get so huge and sore. I am now bulging out over the top of my 16dd maternity bra

beastie Guest

ryn, i was out of normal clothes in the 8th week

tinka Guest

I am still wearing a mixture of both normal and maternity but mainly in my tops. Pants and skirts are all maternity now! Been in maternity bras since about wk 16 too!

My jeans still fit at 24 weeks and I think they will fit for a while yet. They are hipsters so fit under my bump nicely. My higher waisted work pants I wear with a belly belt and log top. My work shirts I grew out of a week ago. They are size 8 and didn't reach around my belly any more without popping buttons but I wear them still but undone with a long top underneath.

I got larger bras at about 7 weeks. Normally undies still fit. No change there.

I have just started wearing a bellybelt with all my size 8 pants But all my size 10 clothes still fit ok. Not in maternity bras yet and same underwear.

I am wearing my pre pregnancy jeans atm.... LOL with the fly undone & a 2 inch button extender. So I guess I am still wearing them I started using my button extenders 3-4 weeks ago but I have 2 pairs of maternity pants & all my others that I am wearing are low riders so sit under my belly, which is great.

I was in maternity bras at 5w and they have doubled in size so now I have to buy 2 sizes up

My pants will fit this week only, and next week I have to rearrange my whole wardrobe I really have a bump already.

Percy Guest

I've been in maternity pants for a couple of weeks now - I didn't like those belly extender things - made me feel like my fly was undone and my pants about to fall down!!!

Still wearing normal tops - though I am starting to get annoyed at having to pull my tops down all the time as they ride up over my bump!!

Why are you girls all upset at your chests? Please whack some of that chest-growth-dust (or are they vibes?) my way! Though I could still fit in my usual clothes even if they did go up a couple of sizes, just I want my chest bigger than my belly for once!

I have just worn a pair of maternity 3/4 jeans today for the first time, but they are a 12 and they have an adjustable waist so that I can make them bigger when needed. Other than that, I am wearing my normal jeans with a belly belt. My normal tops are fine, but for the last couple of days (since we have told people) I have worn whatever is comfortable. I was in maternity bras from 6 wks, and have gone up two sizes already as well!
    Jo
    xx

I started wearing maternity jeans about 3 weeks ago due to my other jeans feeling uncomfortable. I could probably still fit into them because they are low rise but I only really like elastic waist now. My mom sent me the maternity jeans and a couple long tanks from the US since they're soooo much cheaper. I can wear the tanks with almost all my tops and I still have plenty of room to grow since I usually buy stretchy clothes. I'm hoping to go through the whole pregnancy with these 3 items but we'll see.

I thought the bra fitting ladies were just being old biddies when at 10 weeks i was looking for a bigger bra and they said no underwire - they didnt say why - now I find out it is about restricted milk ducts from growing or something so I bought one ugly sports bra at 10 weeks coz they said they wouldnt sell me a maternity bra and had no other of my size without underwire! And so wore it and the only other bras i could fit into with underwire until DH said comfort was more important and we were off shopping for maternity underwear (gosh i love him) and Target had some great maternity bras, pretty ones too NO underwire.

I've been wearing my normal pants with the button/hooks undone at the top and just making sure my shirt covers it - and been wearing my jacket when i'm worried... I dont want to go get maternity clothes as I have not seen a lot of cheap corporate looking maternity wear, I found some great non-maternity but streachy bunched uppy tops from jacqui e so they will do quite nicely but that gives me 2 tops and one pair of pants to wear to work soon.... hmmmmm

My little tip with buttons on pants, loop a hair band through the hole & then pop one end around the button, that will hold the pants flatter on your tummy but give you more room thats what I am doing atm, sort of like the first size of the belly belt.

Hi Ladies i've been in maternity bras now for a while can just fit in to my jeans but this time around i went for a belly belt it is great i'm still on the small size of the belt but my jeans feel heaps better as for tops i have a few really big tshrits i were plus some nice maternity tops to wear out

Hi, I am in maternity bras, have been for a while, although i dont have any maternity clothes as yet, although i have been wearing my pants with the button undone and a belt over them. (its kind of like the stretchy maternity ones on ebay but i got mine from supre). I have alot of Preg tops from my DS's pregnancy so i wear them but they are mainly long singlet tops anyways. I also used to put an elastic through the button hole and hold my pants up that way.....

Firstbump Guest

Hi,

I have bought some maternity clothes but have only really worn one of the skirts.
    Everything is becoming tight and uncomfortable, but I am not at that stage where I absolutley have to wear maternity clothes. I have not told everyone at work yet, so, once the coversion from regular clothes takes place - they will all know.
    Still normal underwear and no Mat bra's as yet. I can't wait till I am out of this in between period.