Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: not quite right....

hun... hopefully it's a false alarm but if not GL with it all, hospital really is the best place to be right now.

Will be keeping everything crossed that bubba stays put for a while longer!

Sue xxx

Damn amali, here's hoping it is another false alarm but if not then hospital is where you need to be. Good luck darl

Fingers crossed it is a false alarm, not yet little girl!

well im still here on the monitoers thought id try my new iphone 4 out lol and it worked lol... they said there is slight sights of contractions but they arent picking up rhythm thank god.. they were laughing at how determined she is lol... "she wants to come out cause she wants to be a suprise" lol but its not a suprise i am the one carrying the lil bugger... lol.. they said i have anufa hr n a half before they will decide wat to do with me.. hopefully not much would love to be at home but THanks so much for the support u guys are amazing..

Amali, hope they can get things under control and send you home soon!

Lol @ the "determined" comment!!

have just found this thread, hope everything is okay and your little one stays tucked away in there for a little longer! Good luck hun xxx

yeyyy im going home again......lol so relieved not much answers but im happy to get out of here... no more than a few cramps which they said are under control so im free... yeyyyy

YAY!!! xxx

ladies just wondering i jus had a mini arguement with my mum i havent been getting much movement over the last couple of days inwhich the midwife told me that its due to all of wats been going on and its typical but when im not having the cramping etc... i should get typical movement... which i get but she gets lazy and i put it down to being tired due to the ups and downs over the last 32 or so hrs.. well my mum and her big gob is trying to tell me its not normal and i should ring them and tell them and that if they dont do anything i should go somewhere else... i understand her anxiety as my friend very close to me and my DH cousin lost their baby in similar ways but the thing is she is making me paranoid!!! i told her to relax but she keeps calling asking "have u done it"!!! NO MUM I F**king havent now STOP PLSSSS.. its hard also cus i meant to go stay with her cause she lives behind the hospital and they want me close as i live 30 min away... its only till next tuesday but i cant handle her crap if she is gunna carry on like that my mum is a young mum she is 43 and im 26 but i swear she nags me too much and too talk like this is unfair... am i being hard on her??

Well, with mine, by the stage you are, movement wasn't constant due to there not being so much room in there.
    Alex was 8 6, Sam was 8 12.
    I was always told by the midwives that if there was no movement for 24 hrs, to go in straight away.
    Think about it.....the bigger they are, the less room there is to move around.
    What I used to do if I hadn't felt anything for a few hours was to poke & prod them with my fingers to get them to squirm.....lol!

Aww hun, it's so hard when people are trying what to do and even harder when it is your mum

From experience ~ and a lot of it, having been having contractions for 6 weeks now and being heavily medicated to try and stop them. I know that bubs doesn't move anywhere as much when I am having bad days, today has been a pretty bad day for me, they started at 6am and having been going all day, rangin from 20-30min appart down to 10min or less and stopping me talking through them. Bubs has been very quiet, just a few stretches every now and then but that is it. But for bubs I see it being bear hugged all day and I don't think I would be very playful either. But on the good days I get a lot more movement and bubs is much more playful.

How has bubs been while you have been on the CTG? I would assumer that if bubs was having decelerations that the recovery must have been good or they wouldn't have let you go home. but they did want you close and 30min is quite a distance to travel, especially if something changes quickly.

I still keep an eye on the stretching movements and random kicks, and as long as I get them in the bigger breaks then I know all is ok, the hiccups are also handy 10 a day isn't that many, so perhaps keep a bit of a tick chart so that you can get an idea how many you are getting that way it will give you an idea and help calm your mum down.

If you find that your really aren't getting the movements then a trip back in to keep a check on bubs may be a good idea.

Take care hun xxoo

can you have a cold sugary drink, that usually gets them going. I think your mum is just worried and being a caring mum, but /i think she also needs to calm down a bit.
    You were in being monitered today and she was fine. Has she been quiet all day?
    Maybe just call the MW and tell them your mum's concerns. At least then you can say "yes mum I called them, they said it's normal". If that would help?

What does your gut instinct say?

with all my boys they were marathon dancers never stayed still all day and all night... but since she is a girl she is lazy as ever lol... she very diff compared to them.. i told my mum that the middys told me due to all the contractions and stuff she will be very limited and that she would be a bit tired... which wouldnt u be?? lol im exhausted and i havent even done anything...

Maybe a little white lie is in order? Either tell her yes you called & will be having another u/s tomorrow or that movement has picked up sinc eyou have been able to rest & she is fine?

Well great news no more contractions yeyyy... She is happily moving around regularly n letting me know she is happy jus thought I would leave an update so happy 8)

Yay! Good news hon!

That's great babe, I was thinking of you this afternoon!
    Sue xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast