Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number Seven ?

Default Number Seven ?

I want to ttc # 7 now but Im worried it is too soon after having pheeny and not to mention I had two c-section with last babies.

Do you think this is too soon? Could my uterus be too weak yet? Could my scar open from the c-section? Could I miscarry more easier because my womb is weaker from so many babies?

I just feel worried about those things, if I knew they would be ok I wuld start ttc NOW.

Im not sure on the scar opening or the chance of miscarrying.

But from experiance i can say (in my case...yours could be different) but i was pregnant within 4 weeks of DD1 birth and my uterus was fine as was my body, and i didnt think it was to soon.

I found it easier falling pg so soon rather then waiting.

You ave kids when your ready. Perhaps speak to your GP about TTC #7.

oh wow that is amazing, your amazing I think!!!!

I had a c-section though so that would not make it good.

I just want pheen to be close in age with the next one, but am worried about uterus not coping. Also someone told me it could take me a long time to fall pregnant as I am BF , so I also worry I will not get pregnant easily.

I am such a worry wart!!!

DH wants to try now and so do I but I am just that little bit worried about how my body would cope and I DONT want another c-section!

oh yay for you gorgeous mummy

if you want the practical/physiological answer...the recommendation is at least 2years between pregnancies...hormonal balance and physical recovery..but, your scar will have healed sufficiently by now...you have no further risk of m/s..and when BF it can delay ovulation

if you want the 'from the heart' answer...do what feels right for you and maybe your next little one will just appear

xx yogababy

the recommendation is at least 2years between pregnancies...hormonal balance and physical recovery..but, your scar will have healed sufficiently by now
    If you had been cut anywhere else, the theory would be it would heal after a few weeks. The recommended 2 years is very conservative...
    I think YOU'RE the champion! (and your DH) - Number 7 - good for you!

Soul, If it feels right to you and DH, go for it! I am currently pg with #4, Jett is almost 9 months (on the 23rd)...
    If it feels right to you then yep i say go and DTD!!

Hiya Jen, I left a message for you months ago now but you must not have seen it! I was so sad not to hear back.

I am thinking of it, he he, but I have had a c-sectio only 8 months ago, so that worries me!

soul- you are a champion! and your dh is my hero!! i love it

oh wow thank you Gracie, and your a sweetheart!! I want 10 but DH thinks 8 will be in enough. But I think 7 will do us. Maybe 8 oh I dont know, I'll see who chooses to be my children!

Lollie Guest

Hi there,

I had a caesarean section with my twins (stubborn breech babies) and fell pregnant not long after it. The pregnancy didn't progress (blighted ovums) and I had to have a D&C, the doctor told me it had nothing to do with me or the fact that I had a baby not too long beforehand. I was shocked to discover that a few weeks later I was pregnant again (only one this time). Little Riley was born 11 months and 1 week after the birth of the twins. I attempted a VBAC, I reached full dialation but baby was not budging. I plan on attempting a VBA2C next time. My point is, I had another baby not too long after a caesarean and I was fine. Everyone is different of course , my mother has 7 children, 5 were caesareans and had complications with the last baby. She had my sister @ 27 weeks gestation 11 months after the birth of my brother. They say that the amount of caesareans and the little recovery time between the 4th and 5th played a factor in what happened.

I recommend that you see a physician about it, they can tell you what they think. I don't mean to see them to make you choose your decision but to help give you more insight regarding your certain circumstances, then you can decide what you want to do.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Lollie; November 19th, 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Soul my sister had two c-sections and there is a year between her two.

I've had three c-sections. I've was never told i had to wait between babies. There is only 20months between Alex and Eleanor it would have been less if i didn't have a third miscarriage.

Oh soul sorry i missed your message... I dunno where it would of been... Hmm maybe email me hun, i will try and pm you!
    I still say go for it LOL

As I understand it the 2 year conservative recovery after having a bub isn't just about healing from c-sects, it involves your whole body. EG tendons, muscles and organs making their way back to where they belong.

Obviously the more babies you have the bigger the strain on your insides but all people are different and heal in different ways and at different speeds.

I would talk to your ob as they would have the best idea about your uterus coping.
    What I would be more worried about is your pelvic floor. You don't want to be carrying another pregnancy if your pelvic floor is too weak.

Soul, 11.5m between my girls and I was told when I was having the c/s for number 2 (had both via c/s) that I was fine to go again as soon as I wanted and have as many as I wanted as I healed very well. So its a case of courses for horses, but I think if you feel ready and Dh does too, go for it! Have number 7! WOW, number 7, you are one amazing woman and ur DH must be an amazing man too. I'd love a large family, but not sure how many DH will let me have hehehehe. Not sure how many I could cope with on my bad days (when I'm tired from working nights and not sleeping days cause I have housework and kids to look after!).
    U go super mum! U certainly sound ready and they will grow up close friends!

~Aquarius~ Guest

Soul - I have an online friend who had a homebirth for her 7th child, her last 2 births previous were c/s's!
    If you'd like to know how to contact her for any Q's I can hook you pair up
    She is a lovely chicky, and would be happy to share her experience with you

oh wow thank you all so much for all the input!!

katkins, wow your a legend!!! he he, thank you my sweetie!!!

Aqa, oh I would love to know more!!! Your a doll!!! would she mind emaling sometime and just sharing her story? no pressure!

I'm no legend. I'm just a typical mum who does what she HAS to (work and housework, and trying to make life easier for all by not making DH angry), and what she loves to (playing and loving my kids and DH).

~Aquarius~ Guest

If I know her like I'm sure I do... she'd loeve to share!
    I'lll get onto it tomorrow night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast