Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohhh! So Why Can't People Just Be Happy For Me ???

wat?? r u srs??? well... CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! thats great news and as long as ur happy who cares.. if u can do it with two ull be fine.. and i think ppl should have a filter between their brains n mouths lol they probably didnt realise wat they r saying but regardless it still upsets u just smile and think positive thoughts

Totally agree with you Boo Boo, any baby is a gift!! Don't let them get you down they are probably just jealous.

Huge you lucky thing!

Boo Boo - I've been getting the same thing from some of hubby's family. My FiL went on to say to hubby "And how will she cope with 2?"
    FiL is normally very supportive, but it really did get to both of us.

I've also had the other side of it too, the "when are you having another one?"

I'm lucky that most of our family and friends know how hard it has been for us to even get to this point where we're having another baby, so they know already that it is very much wanted.

Boo Boo, I'm sending HUGE congrats out to you & your family! It doesn't matter what they think, even if it does hurt. They are just the ones who will be missing out on the wonderful developments that are happening inside you because they can't be happy for you.

Massive congratulations Boo Boo, that really is wonderful news. Don't let the comments get to you hun really I think for some people its hard to comprehend having more than one baby ... even when they themselves have had more than one.

huge congrates on another baby hun! how exciting.
    i've been coping the same thing, gluton for punishment, how am i going to handle a 16 month old and a new born? seriously people need to get over it, they arent the ones who are doing it so i dont see how its anyones business

I hear ya, I got negative reactions from each of my pregnancies after the first. The worst was when we found out we were having twins and someone offered their commiserations

Huge congratulations on your pregnancy!

CONGRATULATIONS

i had trouble with thing like that on my side with bub 1 an 2. with DD my parents were strongly against it until around 34 weeks when my health started to deteriorate with a genetic heart disease then they became supportive and would say things like we know you both will get through this although they always hated the name i had picked out for her. with DS they would continue to tell me i couldn't handle DD that i wasn't a very good mum and wouldn't b able to afford another and again hated the name my partner had chosen for him. 3rd time round before i had even concieved they were on my case asking are you pregnant yet? when are you gonna get pregnant etc LOL it was strange and they dont seem to have any problems with the 2 names i've picked out this time. his family was always very supportive and are a very clucky lot ^^

Congratulations!!!

People are crazy! I think they should mind there business no matter how many someone has but wouldn't you expect that comment more when people have heaps of kids, not 2?? Far out must be because you already have the "perfect pidgeon pair", "why on earth would you want any more?"

Thank you lovely ladies for all your support. And huge hugs for you that have also gone through this. Weirdest thing though, for the past year people have been asking us when we are having another and then when we say we are they are all shocked and speechless...just can't please em!!!
    xxxxxx

You could turn this back on them by saying....people kept asking when we were having another one so we obliged

Congratulations!

I know exactly what you mean! I have had SO many comments like that! Especially because I was 15 weeks pregnant when DH and I tied the knot. I got everything from "Gee your starting early!?" "HAHA you've really pulled the handbrake now!" "Enjoy your life while you still can - because the fun stops when bub is here" etc etc

I think people think its funny to pay you out because your having a bub but little do they realise that the comments are unwanted and can sometimes come across really rude. Just smile and walk off. Most of the time its just jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDragonz View Post
    his family was always very supportive and are a very clucky lot ^^

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Gees, that is ridiculous!! I have two and want a third and would be expecting a congrats at the time too! What is wrong with these people?? Well anyway, from me, a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!

LOL u are that remark Bending Reality :P
    Last edited by BabyDragonz; August 30th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.

Hugggggggeeeeeeeee Congrats hun
    I have also discovered people can be extremely rude, and I myself am OVER IT!!!! I decided Yesterday that from now on if they think it is ok to be rude to me, I will be rude back. Dont let others make you feel bad, make them feel bad for saying awful things, and hopefully they will think twice next time. And for what it is worth, my Mother has been hounding us for 7 years to get pregnant, once we did she did not say Congrats (still hasn't) and splashed across Facebook that she is so happy that she is going to be a Grandmother, and everyone congratulated her WTF??? How's about congratulating the ones that "got" pregnant lol. Basically I think it is not them trying to upset you, they are just morons, but you have a special little baby on the way, and THAT is all that matters. What about years ago? It was the norm to have millions of kids, and yet "3" is too much? Ridiculous!!!
    Wishing you all the best xx

congratulations, I think it's wonderfull news. I would assume babies are always happy news unless told otherwise. I hope you have a wonderfull pregnancy, I hope in some round about way no one is surprised when I decide to have bubs #3 I think hubby's already understands i'm not finished despite his favorite comment 'I was happy with 1' (fyi baby #2 let out a scream last time tht comment was made, as if to say hey!)

For us a I think the shock and amazement will set in if I manage 4

he he I should also mentioned I just talked him into buying a 7 seater :Lol:

Congratulations! At least we are all happy for you

I'm due to have #3 and I was told by a Mum of 1 today that I don't know what I'm in for with 3 kids! Not sure how she knows that? But anyway... Just taking it one day at a time here

Aww congrats Baby!! Dont listen to all those rude people out there. You have been given the most precious gift of time, and at the end of the day you are only going to feel bursting with love for your little family. They will bring you the greatest joy, the saddest of heartaches, and the most frustrating times to come, but I promise its so worth every minute and every comment in the end.
    I am currently on bubba number 5 and I wouldnt change a thing even if I was given the chance.
    Enjoy it hunni and a huge CONGRATS from me!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast