Thread: Is it ok to get my hair coloured?

Default Is it ok to get my hair coloured?

Hi all,
    Im just wondering if its ok to get my hair coloured at the hairdressers while pregnant?
    I remember reading somthing about this when i was preganant with DS. But i cant remember if its ok?

Would love to get it done for mothers day

Simone

~Belinda~ Guest

Go ahead and get it done! I did. I used to get foils and I'm blonde so they used organic dye on my hair believe it or not. They stocked it for those women who were just a bit worried when pregnant. I got it done every couple of months anyway and I had no issues. Spoil yourself...

Yep just like EveningStar says: Go for it!! I have had my hair dyed a couple of times so far and first spoke my concern before getting it done and the hair dresser assured me that with a semi colour there is nothing to worry about! So don't worry at all! In fact I am off to get mine done on Monday so when bub is born I am looking good ~ on the hair front anyways

yep go for it darl. its completely safe (i am a hairdresser). omg, speaking of that, i need mine done shame on me lol

I've read up a lot on this as my hair needs doing badly. Basically what I found was that it's best to avoid before 12 weeks but thought to be OK after that. I have met a number of women IRL who have had disasters with home hair color when pregnant (getting totally different colors to what they normally get with the same product) so I'd leave it to the experts.

I found some articles that said that very little research has actually been done on hair dye safety when pregnant so it's really not known if it has an effect, it's just thought not to. Foils are thought to be safer as they don't touch your scalp.

I'm not taking any risks with this one so I've been living with my greys but am thinking about getting some foils done in a few weeks.

I got my hair coloured during pregnancy and had no problems. One thing that the hairdresser said is that some women have reactions to things when pregnant that they don't normally react to so it's best to do a skin test before putting any dye on your hair.

great answer Nai..but the one before that...there has been research done. But every pregnant woman is different.

Thanks girls Just have to hint to DP now lol.

just a quick note. if ur foils dont touch ur scalp, U NEED A NEW HAIRDRESSER!!!! lol