Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG I think I'm finally pregnant...

Spuddles Guest

Default OMG I think I'm finally pregnant...

I was just wondering if it's possible to have 3 false positives in one day? I caught my FMU in a cup and used a crystal clear HPT in it and it came up with a faint positive line within 2 mins. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I used the other one in the packet in the same cup of urine and it came up as a faint positive within the ten mins too, but it was fainter. My DF was very excited, but I asked him to try not to be incase we weren't because we've had some disappointments in the 2 years since we've been TTC. We went and bought a digital HPT and it came up "Pregnant" - I don't know much about these. Are they accurate? What's the hcg level that they measure? Is it possible that I'm not?
    I'm feeling all up and down at the moment - I wanted it so badly but now it seems to happen, I'm scared - scared that I'm not really, scared that I really am, scared of telling my parents because it'll change my relationship with them, scared of going to the toilet incase there's blood - scared of going to the toilet in case there's not... I'm a mess!!!! It's only been one bloody day!! How do I cope with 9-10 months of it?!!

Have any of you heard of false digital positives? I have really bad AF cramping and keep running to the toilet to see if it's come. I posted in the conception page this morning after my first two crystal clear tests, but after my one this afternoon (in afternoon pee too!!) I'm beginning to think that maybe I really am...

I'm so sorry for the essay, but does anyone have any advice for a lost, emotional spuddle with cramps????

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I would say congratulations you are preg!!!!!

AF cramps very normal, running to loo to check for blood very normal i was just as psycotic!!!!

I recommened holding offf telling people for a bit, especially if it will change relastionships. Can i ask why it would?

Spuddles...firstly Congratulations i think it's safe to say you are PREGNANT !!!!

Now whilst i can understand all of your feeling it's really important for you to just relax and stop stressing about everythingand start enjoying this wonderful journey.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I don't think you would get three false positives, I think it's safe to say you are pregnant.

The AF cramping could be just be implantation taking place, little bubba just digging in, nice and cosy. Don't stress if you do get a little bit of spotting, a lot of women do at the beginning of a pregnancy, it can happen around implantation.

Good luck and i hope everything works out just as you hope it will.

Congratulations! I would say that it's completely normal to doubt that it's happening, but 3 false positives just doesn't seem right!!! All the best for a very healthy pregnancy.

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

I had the exact same thing happen to me !!!

I used the Crystal Clear (two tests in pkt) and one of the lines came up quite faint within the two mins & i did the test again ... And there was THAT faint line again !!!

... I went to my GP and she had a faint line too when I did my preg test with her.

She said a FAINT LINE is as good as being pregnant ... And I looked at the wall behind her with the most terrifying look. And the only words that ran through my head was " Oh, sh*t i've done it now " and then it was " Augh, I can't go back now & will I be an okay parent "

... The funny thing is we had been to hell & back to fall pregnant within 2 & a half yrs, AND here I was finally pregnant with my 1st bub at 39

YEP, U HAVE GOTTA BE PREGNANT ... LET US KNOW HOW YOU GO OK !!!???

Congrats, I would say definitely pregnant.... Enjoy the journey... xxoo

I would say you are pregnant, Congratulations!!!!

I don't think you would get three false positives.

i would say congratulations are in order :-) Those tests are pretty accurate :-)

If you used a DIGITAL hpt and it said "PREGNANT" then I would say you are definitely pregnant!!! Way to go!

Try not to worry and just enjoy the journey....

Spuddles Guest

Renstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DF was only asking after you this afternoon!!! (He saw your name on the computer screen one day when I'd left the forum open and his name is Ren, so etc etc lol). I hope you are well It's lovely to hear from you! Yep, the digital one said "Pregnant." I sat there staring at it for a minute and then ran out of the bathroom hoiking my skirt down as I went, yelling out Ren's name, trying to find him! I must have looked like a doe caught in headlights coz when I handed him the digital strip with my hand shaking, he gently reminded me that it was a good thing and gave me a hug LMAO

Smiles4u - that's EXACTLY how I felt. I had been chatting to my mom on the way home from work on the phone on Friday (handsfree, I wasn't being naughty!) and we were talking about pregnancy and childbirth and birth plans etc and she doesn't even know that we have been trying for 2 years! Mom and Dad really want us to be married but my DF doesn't believe in marriage - he told me this afternoon though that he would marry me after we'd had the baby I burst into tears!!! But to get back to original story - I suddenly thought when I hung up from Mom that I was a day late and had VERY sore bbs (that DF thinks are firmer too...) and so I picked up a HPT on the way home. I tested on Sat morning and a line came up, but it was after the ten min mark I think and you know the rest - weird psychic thing maybe!
    I'm sorry - I'm rambling. I have wisdom tooth pain, an associated face and headache, back ache and pretty ordinary cramps so I'm a bit of a mess lol!!

I'll stop typing dribble now though and I'll book an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I'll let you know what the bloods say

Spuddles Guest

Oh and I forgot to add, thank you to everyone for your advice and opinion it's all so very welcome. I'm surprised at how emotional I am about this and it's so nice to know there are people out there who care

Finally - one last thing before my brain implodes (by the way is 4 weeks too early to suffer baby brain? I've had a shocking memory for the last3-4 days. I even forgot where I worked when asked at the gym!)- how do you get those gorgeous counters and those username sparkly women on your profile???

Thanks for bearing with me... I promise my next post won't be so all over the place!

DoubleK Guest

how exciting!!

congrats

Spuddles! I found out yesteday and did 2 tests and both pos and one two days b4 that and it was feint pos as well!

I have the same cramps and I am running to the loo to sure that there will be bloood - but still none.

I can certainly understand you feeling all these feeling - I was reading your post and welled up with tears and I am going through the exact same thing! And its only been 2 days now. I am going to test again tomorrow morn b4 I contact my doctor...

Just wanted you to know you are not alone and I am feeling EXACTLY the same - scared, happy, scared agian, freaked out... numb even ... want it so much but scared to let myself believe it incase it disapears..

We will make it through the next 9 months!
    Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] anytime..
    Kate
    xox

Spuddles Guest

Oh Kate, you are so sweet. you just made ME well up! I would love to email you but my stupid dial up internet won't let me connect to my live.com.au account, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm at work. Thank you for your kind words - it really does help to know that other women have a similar reaction to me. We've been trying on and off for so long that we decided to take a break in December and haven't been temping or anything - and it happened! I think I'm just in shock... I'll email you tomorrow Kate
    Zo? x

spuddles congrats!!!

its funny when you stop trying it happens.. thats what happened with me and DP!!

oh hunny u are pegnant!!! congratulations! this is a beautiful gift from God and u will be a great mum, just believe in urself ok. as for the 'mummy brain' well no its not too soon!! with mum first baby angel i had 'mummy brain' (well as my friends started to call it.. placenta brain! oooh gross!!) after the 13-14 week mark but with this little bub i am only around 5 weeks and i am already forgetting a little bit! ur not goin crazy so dont panic! just one of the many symptoms to enjoy during ur exciting journey! x x x

Spuddles Guest

ok guys - i just took the second digital test (it was just sitting there and I wanted to see the word "Pregnant" again) and it said "Not Pregnant" ?????????? This was using my FMU not my afternoon pee like yesterday?!!! How is this possible? I guess my hcg levels are dropping :'(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast