Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ova being told "dont know how you'll cope during summer"

Iced drinks. That's all I'm saying.
    :-)

Debbie Lee Guest

Gab was born in March so I was very pregnant thru summer with her. I just told people that I'd rather carry a baby over summer than have a newborn in summer. That shut them up

Deb - that's what I said! I felt it was true too actually, I can get myself through the heat, but a poor little baby would have suffered. I loved having a March baby actually... works nicely for the wrapping and snuggling thru the cooler months... now he's at an age to start not wrapping etc ready for summer

Cool

I was a January bub, and Mum still tells how they drove from Brisbane to Ipswich (a 90min journey) and stopped at every service station to wet the wrappings, as I'd be dry within 10 mins ...

I'm glad I'm having an April bub!

I actually coped better during pregnancy with the heat than I normally do! And last year was a pretty bad summer here...

Seth was born on the 4th March and it really wasn't *that* bad!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I get this comment almost evey other day... it normally goes like this, when are you due, end of Feb? Wow you're huge already and you will be so big and preganant through the peak of summer. I just say, do have anythig positive you might want to tell me? I am actually enjoying being pregnant, I just find these constant negative remarks really upsetting some days.
    On a nice note, I walked in the chiropractors yesterday afternoon and a little girl said, look mummy isnt that lady pretty! Made me feel so less like the elephant I had been feeling all day! ha ha

I get "how are you going to cope" aswell. Although i just say... Well there is always shopping to do!! Think of the aircon.
    But, my house is pretty cool during the heat of the day, as i live in a townhouse. There are fans, water, there is a beach up the road, and you know what like a few of you guys said, it will be alot easier coping with being preg than having a newborn screaming of uncomfort! Atleast we can have cold showers etc!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12