Thread: Panadine

Default Panadine

Good Afternoon All,

My doc told me that Panadine is safe to use and I have a HUGE headache and only have panadine available as I left my Panadol at home. I used it when I had a bad cold as my doc said it has a cough supressent in it - but I used it sparingly...

Is it safe??

Cheers
    Kate

I think you should be fine. I suffer from bad headaches and was prescribed mersendol forte which is stronger then panadine. My ob was actually the one one who gave me the script for it

Kate, both paracetamol and codeine (which is what makes up panadeine) are safe. If it's just straight old panadeine it will be fine but check the ingredients for any extras which might not be.
    I've never heard of panadeine as a cough suppressant though.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Panadol and Panadeine are both safe in pregnancy.

Panadeine as a cough suppresent must have other ingrediants it as all Panadeine on its own contains is paracetamol and codeine.

The codeine works as the cough suppressant. I have been taking straight codeine for a horrible cough that has caused / increased some bleeding so it is both safe and can help ease persistent, non productive coughing.

Panadine is fine to take but no more than 8 tabs in 24 hours