Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus Sized Pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post
    I had put on 3.6kg and have now lost that and down to less than what I was when I started. I've lost it in the last 2 weeks by not eating crap... so who knows, I might actually hit the 90's when I have the baby.. LOL
    Nice one... I've started water walking... well I tired to last week... went Sunday, Monday... then was going to go Wednesday & Friday however things didn't go to plan and I didn't get my "me" time so couldn't go... but fingers crossed for this week... I enjoyed the high I got from doing something for myself and the bonus of the weather (heat) not bugging me... next house we get I WANT A POOL!

Great work Ahurani! I lost weight with the m/s too and then barely gained right at the end. I'm now 20kg lighter than at the start of the pg (in spite of all the Tim Tams). My OB was very happy with my weight.

Wow Juniper76 that's awesome that you've come out A LOT lighter than you started, fingers crossed for you that things stay that way. I hope your recovery is still going well and things are getting easier.

I'm scared that my weight will hinder my recovery, but gotta thing positive :-)

Does anyone know if those belly bands (the ones that are like a boob tube) actually help with holding up the tummy?

even when not pg, the belly belts do give some support to the belly. Made me look pg lol. Even better is it hides the belly where there is a gap between pants and shirt sometimes.

Danielle you can update our list again!!.... I just spied a B/A from Limeslice's PiG

Quote Originally Posted by Jaki80 View Post
    Danielle you can update our list again!!.... I just spied a B/A from Limeslice's PiG
    All Done :-) Congrat's Limeslice, I hope your recovery is going well and you are able to enjoy lots of new born cuddles with your little princess

Sorry I haven't been on here in ages ladies but I forgot about this thread :blush: I have only put on 3.6kgs so far but I have been diagnosed with GD as of last Monday. I have to watch even more what I eat now Let me tell you NOT HAPPY JAN. This has really stuffed up all my plans for this birth as I was going to push for a water birth but now I might have to accept another c/s if it gets to bad or the placenta starts to fail. Grrrrrrrr is all I have to say

Is anyone else upset that they wont get to have a proper baby belly? I wanted to lose more weight before falling pg again so that I could do all the things that the smaller girls get to do. I am also paranoid that my stretch marks will ger worse.

Hi everyone

I hope everyone's pregnancies are going well! I'm not really online much anymore, just don't have the time.

Anyway, I have some clothes from Plus Maternity that I'm unlikely to use again and I'm wondering if anyone on here is interested in them? They're Plus Maternity size 1, which is about the equivalent of an 18. I've got a blue set of the pyjamas with both a front opening top and the crossover sleeveless top and also a black pair of the shorts (which on me are more like 3/4 length and can be dressed up or down). If you google Plus Maternity Australia and go to their website you can see the clothes I'm talking about.

If you want them please PM me - if its a public forum post chances are I won't see it. I'm in Bayside Melbourne so if you're in Melb you're welcome to pick them up from me otherwise I just need you to pay the shipping costs seeing as I'm broke (just paid the bill for shipping our stuff to the UK!).

Hi Everyone,

First post - so I hope I am not intruding.

I am over-weight and 8 weeks pregnant, havent seen my OB yet. But I was wondering if I am considered high risk because of weight? And if I am more likely to have a CS - or is it a more case by case thing?

Sorry for the dumb questions!

Thank you!

Not a dumb question
    I havn't found that weight really changes anything medical other than having a bed that is set for your weight limit but I think that that is only for when you are over about 125kgs, or at least that what it is near me.
    I know many bigger girls that had a completely normal birth and my own Mother was over 150 and had three of us with zero complications

Nat - if anyone tries to tell you, you are high risk due to weight - go find another Ob. Better still go and use midwifery led care that won't make up bull**** to pressure you into a c/s. Sorry that's a sore spot for me
    I dont believe it carries any risk at all other than maybe gestational diabetes. Your pelvis and uterus are still designed the same so there is no reason you are more likely to C/S. If you end up with a 'valid' CS it is likely that you would need one anyway. Congratulations and welcome to BB.

Hi, I just saw this thread and thought I would join.
    I am hugely overweight and have struggled to lose it because of my boobs and also because I lack committment.
    I started a new health binge and now I am pregnant!
    I am hoping to lose weight while pregnant by focussing on my diet and I want to get back to doing Zumba two times a week.

I was 103kg by end last pregnancy and 86kg at 6weeks PP. I put on a lot of weight with PND and have never lost it.
    When I weighed myself last it was not a pretty figure. I need to lose half my current weight to be in a healthy weight range... plus any pregnancy gain.
    I am worried I wont get a real belly but not sure how it will work. I carried DS mostly in my back last time and wasn't very big then so now that I am fat maybe you wont see anything!

Anyway, I look forward to following everyone else and hope I am welcome!

I have also struggled with weightloss thanks to my bossom. Not much of a surprise considering they are a 'K' now.

Quote Originally Posted by damprye View Post
    I have also struggled with weightloss thanks to my bossom. Not much of a surprise considering they are a 'K' now.
    Mine are a J. I was hoping to avoid a boob-splosion as I am still milky but doesnt seem that way as they are tender and swollen.
    Looks like I will be looking for K in maternity bras and soon

Well technically I am a high risk patient because of my weight. The midwives rejected me so I have been seeing the drs for my entire pg. On the boob topic. Mine haven't grown at all lol

Welcome dc

Welcome nat and dragoncookie

My boobs haven't grown either, so stoked cause I was sure I'd explode and I was already either a 16E or 18DD. But i shouldn't get to ****y cause they may blow right up when the milk comes in!!

Mine were still a milky J as well... Till I hit about 4weeks lol, I'm guessing that I have only boobsploded to a K but havn't been properly checked, all I know is that I have a bugger load of overhang out of even my biggest fitting J cup LMAO! During my pregnancy with DS, I went up two cups, went up another whilst BFing and then one more cup after most of my milk dried up. I had best not end up a damn O by the time this one is off the boob. o.O

And here I was thinking that I was odd, not having my boobs grow! They filled out initially, but haven't actually got any bigger. DH kindly pointed out that maybe they were already big enough. And I guess at 5 foot not much perhaps 16 D/DD is enough? I still have 12 weeks left though so will wait and see.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast