Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Plus Sized Pregnancy

I am very excited as to have not put on any weight so far! I haven't changed my diet at all except that I can't eat as big as meal as before.

I havn't really changed my diet, except adding more veggies, fruits and quitting drinking yet I am piling it on

Im hovering at 125.4kg and havent changed for nearly 2 weeks. Im seeing it as a good sign, Ive had my appetite back in the last week and a bit and I havent put anything on.

Ill have to be really careful though, had a lolly pig out with Hubby for mothers day. I think Ill go for a walk tomorrow.

Thought I would bump this in case anyone is interested in reviving this thread

Hi, I would love this thread to be revived or a new one started.

Me too!

So any plus sized preggie bellies out there at the moment???

Just curious when people started to feel the bump through the flab.....

Hi myturn,
    Yes I'm a plus sized mum to be. I'm still waiting to feel movements and not sure when it will happen. I'm 15 weeks today. There are others in my belly buddies group feeling movements already but most of those are having baby number 3, so are feeling things earlier than a first timer like me will.
    I'll be keen for some feedback to your question as I'd really like to know the answer too.

Hi shanleeem congrats!!

i am only 8 weeks, not expecting to feel movements for a while, but was wondering when people started to feel the bump from their uterus growing?? All the books say its the size of a grapefruit now and I just keep thinking, even with all the flab surely a grapefruit sized uterus that low in my abdomen should be able to be felt soonish??

Congrats to you too.
    Sorry I misunderstood your question. Well in my experience I could start to feel mine about 2 weeks ago, but I have a retroverted uterus so it took longer for it to move into a 'feel able' position. For others with a normally positioned uterus it could be felt a little earlier I guess.

That's okay! My question wasn't clear and both questions are important!!

Are you feeling okay at the moment??

I am am feeling pretty terrible most days and it is quite overwhelming.

Yes feeling much better now. Although I still have to vomit first thing in the morning most days, but the rest of the day is fine.

The MS lasted in full swing until about 13 weeks. I hope for your sake it eases early for you, it is miserable for sure, and really makes what should be a joyous and exciting time very trying. There were some days I almost wished away the pregnancy I felt so sick, and felt sooooo guilty for feeling that way.

Thank god it's much more manageable now. I'm really starting to enjoy my pregnancy now, especially now that I am feeling my bump starting to grow. I'm just waiting to feel the kicks, then it'll really all feel right.

The whole idea of feeling kicks sounds very exciting!!

Plus size preggo here! I'm 25 weeks and have a definite bump happening. I noticed my belly had popped around maybe 13/14 weeks. Not sure it was noticeable to anyone else but DF and I could see the difference. Feeling loads of kicks here and so far DF and my best friend have felt some kicks too which is awesome

Default Re: Plus Sized Pregnancy

MissDee

Can I ask when you (and your DF) first started feeling kicks? I've been told that because I am overweight that it might take longer to feel kicks. My last scan also showed that my placenta is sitting in an anterior position which apparently can also contribute to a delay in feeling movement. Just wondering what your experience was.

The anterior placenta is probably a bigger factor that your size in when you feel baby moving.

From memory, I think I was feeling movements by around 18 weeks last time, 15 weeks this time and I think it was around 20 weeks that DF felt kicks. The anterior placenta will impact feeling the movements more than your weight in my experience. I've known women MUCH smaller than me who have felt movements way later due to the position of their placenta.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617