Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus Sized Pregnancy

Mel I did at 17 weeks. I also was bigger at the start of the pregnant and didn't feel kicks quite as early. Now at 28 weeks I sit there and watch bub moving around .

Welcome to all of the newbies!!

Mel, I could still lay on my tum until about 20-22wks, but when I laid on my back I would be able feel my uterus. Plus I was feeling bub bump around inside from about 15ish wks, not big movements, just little tickles and bumps. Do you know the position of your uterus? Mine is up high in one corner and I hardly feel any movement there at all unless it's a huge movement. It's good because that's ewhere I felt those painful kicks in the ribs later in the pg with both of the other two!

I'm feeling a bit sore and sorry today. I have done something to my right hip and it's aching. I have a bad back and hips anyway but this is really quite sore, I can't walk without limping! I think it's just from sleeping on it...I kinda can't wait til bubs is born so I can have my body back and try to lose some weight, I'm so uncomfy!

I've updated the top stats :-) we have a nice little group going on here :-)

I had a bad weekend :-( nothing serious happened apart form the fact that I couldn't find anything to wear that fitted me and was comfortable... most of my tops aren't sitting very well any more and my "B" belly is getting bigger (and the indent much larger) that so many things just look horrid... I through a tantrum when washing the floors as I had just swept the floors and there was still soo much junk on the floor when I was mopping... I felt like I was getting no where....

Oh well onto a better week... I hope... I hate it when silly small things seem to take over your mood

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post
    Hey everyone, welcome to the newbies !

Is anyone else having a problem feeling their baby bump? Even when I lie on my tummy I can't feel much, not even a hard lump, and I would have thought that at nearly 17 weeks, I would have felt something already!!! I've never been quite this big at the start of the pregnancy before, so I don't really know if I have so much fat on my gut that thats why I can't feel it... or if something sinister is a'happenin!
    I think it wasn't until about 18 or 19 weeks that I started being able to feel my bump. I liked to think I was showing earlier than that and I could feel my uterus before that but honestly I think I was kidding myself. I think thats about when I started feeling movement too. Unfortunately I hold all my flab in my belly and I'm guessing that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by lilias View Post
    Welcome to all of the newbies!!

Mel, I could still lay on my tum until about 20-22wks, but when I laid on my back I would be able feel my uterus. Plus I was feeling bub bump around inside from about 15ish wks, not big movements, just little tickles and bumps. Do you know the position of your uterus? Mine is up high in one corner and I hardly feel any movement there at all unless it's a huge movement. It's good because that's ewhere I felt those painful kicks in the ribs later in the pg with both of the other two!

I'm feeling a bit sore and sorry today. I have done something to my right hip and it's aching. I have a bad back and hips anyway but this is really quite sore, I can't walk without limping! I think it's just from sleeping on it...I kinda can't wait til bubs is born so I can have my body back and try to lose some weight, I'm so uncomfy!
    I've been having issues with sore back and hips, and I hear you on being uncomfy too. Pregnancy has brought along with it fat bit that rub together in places I never had it before! I have to be honest, I've worried if I've had so many pain issues in my back and hips because of the extra weight I'm carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle_NZ View Post
    I've updated the top stats :-) we have a nice little group going on here :-)

I had a bad weekend :-( nothing serious happened apart form the fact that I couldn't find anything to wear that fitted me and was comfortable... most of my tops aren't sitting very well any more and my "B" belly is getting bigger (and the indent much larger) that so many things just look horrid... I through a tantrum when washing the floors as I had just swept the floors and there was still soo much junk on the floor when I was mopping... I felt like I was getting no where....

Oh well onto a better week... I hope... I hate it when silly small things seem to take over your mood
    Oh hun, I feel your pain. I'm hating clothes at the moment (mind you, i don't really want to walk around naked either ) because its so hard to find things that fit comfortably and don't just make me look frumpy. To make it worse I realised yesterday that dresses are going to be a no go with me because I decided to wear a summer dress yesterday and ended up with horrible, very stingy thigh chafe I've been getting into anything empire line and with stretchy material because it grows with me plus I'm finding empire line is a bit more roomy in the places I need it to be. Gotta be careful though - I've found they often don't allow much room up top for the girls!

AFM
    I'm doing okay. The start of daylight savings seems to be playing havoc with my body and woke up feeling mighty unwell this morning. My MS isn't so bad - except for when I get up early, so getting up at 6am when my body feels like its 5am was pure hell! I spent the whole drive into the city this morning telling my husband that if I said pull over I really meant it and he had to just do it but luckily I held onto my brekky! Have been having a lot of hip and back pain the last couple of days again. Last week was really busy for me and I spent a lot of time up and about - i think it helped because between that and doing my preggie water aerobics I was feeling great. Did the water aerobics on saturday and have taken myself for a few walks and I'm feeling a bit better today but still tender. Hate going to bed, it just hurts and poor DH had to put up with me complaining about my cramping hips for half the night last night. I don't mind being a bit bigger, but I'm definitely going to work hard to lose some of my weight after bubs is here, just for my own health and comfort I think.

Other than that, had a nice weekend - have spent about 5 hours in three days at the beach, just sitting and enjoying the sound of the water and walking a little too and I'm feeling good. Was a bit flat this morning but just went and got my tax done which has made me a little more cheerful because I'm going to get my first tax return ever! Yay! lol.

Mel, it was probably around the 16-17wk mark that I noticed that my waist had a firm section (in between the flabby bits above and below). I mostly feel it now if I lay on my back. When I go to bed I just lay there with my hands on my belly trying to feel movement (I've got an anterior placenta, so not a lot to feel still). I'm going to miss that when I can't lie on my back any more. I'm getting a lot of shoulder and neck pain when I sleep on my side.

Danielle, I'm surprised you said your indent is getting larger. The first sign of growth I had was that my indent was getting a bit less deep and more wide. Or was that what you meant by "larger"? Lol, next time, instead of "tantrum", try calling it a pregnancy moment. Gotta blame the hormones!

Yarrawin, well done on the tax return!! If you don't mind me asking, are you starting to get uncomfortable yet? I just ask because you're about 2 weeks ahead of me, and I've noticed a bit of discomfort occasionally in the last week, but today I was just uncomfortable the whole time and didn't seem to be able to relieve it at all. Then I started feeling sick and I'm not sure if it was because I couldn't relieve the discomfort. It has just left me a little puzzled...

Quote Originally Posted by juniper76 View Post
    Mel, it was probably around the 16-17wk mark that I noticed that my waist had a firm section (in between the flabby bits above and below). I mostly feel it now if I lay on my back. When I go to bed I just lay there with my hands on my belly trying to feel movement (I've got an anterior placenta, so not a lot to feel still). I'm going to miss that when I can't lie on my back any more. I'm getting a lot of shoulder and neck pain when I sleep on my side.

Danielle, I'm surprised you said your indent is getting larger. The first sign of growth I had was that my indent was getting a bit less deep and more wide. Or was that what you meant by "larger"? Lol, next time, instead of "tantrum", try calling it a pregnancy moment. Gotta blame the hormones!

Yarrawin, well done on the tax return!! If you don't mind me asking, are you starting to get uncomfortable yet? I just ask because you're about 2 weeks ahead of me, and I've noticed a bit of discomfort occasionally in the last week, but today I was just uncomfortable the whole time and didn't seem to be able to relieve it at all. Then I started feeling sick and I'm not sure if it was because I couldn't relieve the discomfort. It has just left me a little puzzled...
    Yep, sure am... sucks big time.

Thanks Yarrawin. I was just surprised that it was starting so early...

Thanks Yarrawin. I was just surprised that it was starting so early...
    I am getting all sorts of uncomfortable things going on. I can't help but wonder if its due to my extra weight but then a lot of my much thinner pregnant friends at the same stage as me are getting uncomfortable too.

Thanks for the reassurance guys.
    I still can't really feel anything, so it must be cos I am bigger this time around.

I think on the uncomfy thing, this is the time when baby is getting too big for the space it has, so it starts to seriously move organs, stretch ligaments and separate muscles and stuff like that. Now is the time when baby does some serious growing and when you body is really starting to get ready and limber for birth, so things kind of start falling apart, lol!

I'm getting quite uncomfy now too. I'm almost 26wks. But I think I am feeling things in this pg more than I did with my other two. Partly because I'm just not as active as I was with thier pg. With DD's pg, I was still walking to and/or from work, or at least the bus stop every day. To walk to work was about 40mins. Plus I was a childcare worker, full time. Plus I was swimming 3 times a week too...gosh, now wonder I've gotten so fat! I've stopped doing all of that! When pg with DS, I was walking 30mins to/from the train station 2-3 times a week, plus working 2-3 full days a week. Now I'm a SAHM. While I am chasing 2 children and keeping the house, take them to the park somedays and do the odd spot of gardening, which I didn't do before, I am NOWHERE near as active as I used to be. I am about 20kg heavier than I was when I fell pg with DD, and about 10kg heavier than when I fell pg with DS. While I have only put on about 6kg, I feel like I'm 20kg heavier!

I think it's more that I notice it more and cause my clothes are tighter that it looks worse than it was...

I've had a real rubbish of a day today... HUGE stomach pain... almost in tears from the feelings... it was constant and my 2 year old didn't help with his jumping around... it is a very hard to explain type of pain :-( seems to have eased this afternoon so fingers crossed its gone for good cause I don't know how much more of it I can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by lilias View Post
    so things kind of start falling apart
    The scary part is that I'm barely past halfway, so there's a lot of time for this to get worse...

Or maybe I should say, "there's a lot of time to learn how to manage it"?

Danielle, oh yes, I know the shrinking clothes feeling... I know exactly what you mean now!

can i join in here too??

im 32 weeks pregnant due 30th Nov with a little boy nick-named Zigby lol

I don't think I can feel anything either Although, I did just drink about 500ml of water (because I wanted to, not because I had to lol) and I thought I felt something. But, coz we're learning about digestion and such at uni, my brain goes into overdrive and tells me I'm overreacting and it's just digestion...

I'm actually looking forward to wearing dresses this summer! I was in a maternity shop today and was looking at some dresses coz we're going to a wedding in February. It seems like such a long way off, so I didn't buy one... wanted to though There was a really nice one!

I still cant feel anything!!!!!!!! I hate being fat

I think im having growing pains too :/

How is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahurani View Post
    I still cant feel anything!!!!!!!! I hate being fat

I think im having growing pains too :/

How is everyone?

Babe I am big too and can feel things, was thiner with Charlotte and couldn't. Every pregnancy is different, nd your placenta could be in the way also. You will feel her soon xo

For some reason I haven't been getting update emails!

Hello, hope everyone is doing well. I'm okay. Sick unfortunately Got a really bad cold that I just can't shake and have spent my night on the couch coughing loads of gross green stuff Think I need to go to the doctors. Probably doesn't help that I haven't stopped this week until today. Uni, a photo shoot for Plus Maternity and then a catwalk show, uni again. Finally got a break today but I have another photo shoot tomorrow followed by uni next week and I HAVE to go no matter what or else I'll fail

Have decided I'm SO not into the idea of wearing dresses this summer even though I'm finding waistbands are getting quite uncomfy on my belly. I wore a dress yesterday and I had the most horrible inner thigh chafe going. Not nice, I wish there was something I could do to stop that happening!

Go to the chemist and get some 3B Cream Not a chef I know who can make it through summer in a kitchen without it! Will stop the chaffing, sooo good! lol

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast