Thread: pre-labour and bp - alan??

Question pre-labour and bp - alan??

ok i had one of those first time mummy freak outs yesterday after realising i had not felt anythign from bub in like 5-6 hours!! i rang the hossy and they were great, very reassuring

the MW asked abunch of questions and she said that my period pains and intense braxton hicks and bubs slowing indicates im in pre-labour.
    i didnt think bubs slowing had anything to do with it...

i was told what to do to get bbs moving and i did - so was reassured, now today bubs is quiet again, and i have dull period pain again - not much of a back ache today tho..
    is this my body winding up to labour soon????
    i am 3 days over due - and if bubs is still in by thurs i will be having the induction chat.
    is there anythign i can do to help this along???

also, my BP before preg was 90/60 and has now risen to 120/70 - thats gettign dangerous isnt it? the hossy mws dont really believe me about how low it use to be so are not paying alot of attention to it, but my feet and hands are puffed to the point it hurts to walk on my feet, they have seen this and said theres nothing i can do... should i be gettign hard on them? my mum had preeclampsia with me and my broter so dont want it to come to that!!!

I hope Alan or someone pops in soon. Best of luck

Hi Lisa
    It is known that, for a lot of women, the baby does slow its movements prior to birth. However this does not happen for every women and is therefore not considered a goo indication that you are about o go into labour.
    Your BP is ok. It has shown a big jump when compared to your pre preg BP but it is not high enough to cause concern, but it is worth keeping an eye on it.
    To help reduce the swelling of your hands and feet try exercising them. Making fists, scrunching toes. Walking can help with your swollen feet. Do not cross your legs when sitting. Elevate legs and feet when sitting/laying down. You could even raise the bottom of the bed by putting some blocks under the legs or some blankets under the mattress at the bottom of the bed. This will keep your feet elevated when you are sleeping.
    It does sound like your body is getting ready for birth. To help things along you can use RLT, EPO. Sex, orgasm, nipple stimulation.
    Here are a few signs of pre-eclampsia.
    Persistent headache.
    Blurred vision or ‘spots’, ‘stars’, ‘zig zags’ that last for more than a few minutes.
    Deep pain in the upper abdominal area.
    Reduced urine output.
    Reduced foetal movements.
    Pain or constant tightness of your uterus.
    Vaginal bleeding.
    Feeling generally unwell
    Flu like symptoms.

I don’t think that you have much longer to wait for this baby. There is a chance that you will have your induction chat but I am sure that you won’t be getting the induction

thanks for that alan!
    will try those things !!
    and wil keep an eye on everythign else!

With the EPO it is best if you take it orally as directed and at night insert 3 high into your vagina when you go to bed. It ould be a good idea to put a pad on as things can get a bit messy

ok, might go to the late night chemist after Dh gets home as its too hard to drive