Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregnancy: the best and worst

Hi -

best - the first ultrasound and heartbeat

the worst - the freak out with a month to go at having nothing to wear but tracksuit pants.

Barb.

Best - the movements of the bub, although the kicks at the end can be quite painful!

Worst - my all-day sickness where I threw up non-stop until somewhere between 16 and 18wks pregnant. I still consider this to be a worse experience than labour was.

Best: Anticipating the new baby's arrival. Becoming connected with the gentle movements inside. Organising the nursery. Feeling that I am doing something worthwhile. Experiencing extra closeness to my DH and extra love for my children (gotta focus those strong emotions). Enjoying the extra pampering!

Worst: Fearing labour. Worrying about the health of baby. Morning sickness. Restless leg syndrome. Hot body. Sharp sudden pains for no apparent reason. Strong kicks under the ribs or into a bladder that always feels full. Puffy face. Uncomfortable breasts. Feeling like a beached whale at the very end and totally fed up with it all and not being able to sleep/get comfy at night. Whew!

Favourite thing? Kicking! There is nothing better than feeling your bub kick IMO. I didn't mind the hard ones or soft ones, I just loved it all. I was told a thousand times I'd get sick of it - NOPE not me!

Least Favourite thing? Being hot all the time. I was heavily pregnant last summer & just couldn't cool down. It drove me nuts! The worst thing about it though was that my ankles & wrists swelled up very badly due to the heat.

kirsty Guest

Best thing: Being able to feel bubs move & kick, then holding that precious miracle that you've created in your arms.

Worst thing: not being able to sleep at night, morning sickness (although that was mainly my first 2 pg's & not so much this one)

BEST -
    Feeling the movement from the inside and the outside and watching my stomach move.
    My DH and DS being able to finally feel it also.
    The kisses my DS has given my belly since he found out a baby was in there.
    The way DH talks to my belly now we are getting closer to meeting bubs.

WORST - It will soon be over. As much as i want to meet bubs i want the pg to last longer as i waited what felt like forever to get here and it has just gone far to quickly.
    Knowing i will never get to experience this again (only plan on having the 2) really is a bit sad

Sal Guest

Best: feeling bub's legs and feet through my tummy and getting a sense of there being a little person inside me.

Worst: diabolical heartburn and shortness of breath.

Best for me was like most of you - just feeling the kicks and movements.

Worst was the sleeping part, just not being able to get comfortable was so frustrating!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12