Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Pregnancy Harder the Second Time Around?

YES, much harder second time around! I've had awful morning sickness, which was so bad I was hospitalised for a week on fluids only. Then, I had high blood pressure, anaemia...(which is a bit better by now), and finally, terrible back ache!!! This wouldn't be so bad, but chasing after a little one too is tough!

Still, I wouldn't change anything for the world.

Kirsty77 Guest

I'm finding pregnancy easier this time round. My blood pressure is lower and generally I feel alot better. It is tough having the pregnancies this close, like carrying Gemma around is really hard and getting up and down off the ground to play with her is really hard!LOL! But yeh I'd have to say pregnancy has been kinder to me this time.

The secong pgcy was WAY better for me too. I had m/s from before I even knew I was pg (HPT's -ve but BT +ve after four days of m/s). The m/s lasted longer and I had it off and on the whole pgcy. But I knew how to handle it and I just had to carry on (kinda hard to put a baby who is not even 4 months down couse ur feeling sick). But I didn't have any swelling or PE, I was much healthier and active (chasing after a bub helps with that!) and I often forgot to eat so I hardly gained any weight (which after putting on 20+Kgs with number 1 only a few months before hand and not losing it before expecting numeber 2, was GREAT). I had less time to fret over every little thing and so didn't worry myself silly or anything... I knew what to expect and took Naps when Kat slept. I still do if it's been a busy week...
    The pgcy just FLEW by and before I knew it I had a new bub and a little toddler (11.5 months old) and felt fantastic and watching them touch hands or smile at each other.....it was just SOOOO worth every bit of discomfort etc...

I've had completely different pregnancies, but neither were/are easy. My first had m/s until 23 weeks and I had low BP issues. Then I was okay until around 32 weeks and started having heaps of hip pain and back pain.

This pregnancy I had 4 weeks of m/s but then I got bronchitis and a sinus infection and was on antibiotics for 6 weeks. I had a few bouts of low BP but nothing compared to the first. Now in the 3rd trimester, I've been in pain heaps with ligaments due to lifting a toddler and chasing a toddler around.

Well I pretty much echo Kerrie and Kirsty - this pg has been much kinder on me than the first, haven't put on nearly as much weight (running around after an active 11 month old!), haven't eaten as much (no time!), BP still ok this time (fingers crossed it stays that way), and no swollen feet or puffiness yet. I guess I really just don't have time to think about it either, and the pg has absoloutley flown by. I can't believe #2 is due in just over 5 weeks! Kerrie - nice to see another mum with bubs close together, tell me it's not to bad, please????????

It's been great to read this thread as i'm going to be TTC #2 soon and have been having the same thoughts. Thanks for all the input

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatie
    (running around after an active 11 month old!), haven't eaten as much (no time!), BP still ok this time (nice to see another mum with bubs close together, tell me it's not to bad, please????????
    Wheatie; I am guessing, I too will struggle to find time to eat - at least at the times we are meant to eat throughout the day, (when i fall preg again). I am also hoping that my BP is normal next time, as I am sure mine has raised quite a bit since having DS, without even being preggas, so will have to see how that one goes! I love the idea of having bubs close together, but I know it will be hard, but i guess it could be hard at any stage having no 2. I am sure we will be fine, and will manage nicely. Good luck with everything.

This is my third preg and this one is more or less the same. I think if you relax and put your feet up when you can you should be right. Atleast you know what to expect and you may be lucky not to get any ms.
    Good luck,
    Jenni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12