Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy survival gift basket - what to include

Default Pregnancy survival gift basket - what to include

Just found out my SIL and her DH are expecting their first and want to do something special for them. I thought I might put together a bit of a pregnancy survival kit. So far I have cocca butter for baby belly, witch hazel for tired legs, rasp leaf tea for birth bt what are some other cheap things I could throw in? I would also like to include her DH so any male survival items you can think of? TIA

What about some massage oils ?? Perhaps a pregnancy magazine or book.

Sorry, not alot of help there. I will keep thinking for you

mooshie Guest

yep i was thinking maybe a subscription to a pregnancy magazine. ummm what about some "ginger" type products (maybe to help the morning sickness) like ginger tea, ginger biscuits etc.

i will try and keep thinking

Or a voucher for a pedicure or wax or something like that for her to use later on in her pregnancy. Or even for the hairdresser, although that could get expensive.

What a sweet idea! And what a lovely sister/SIL you are!

If he's into food - what about something he likes that SIL can't have during pregnancy? eg my DH LOVES cheese and being preggers, I can't eat most of them on crackers so if I want to spoil him I buy him cheeses and crackers. Or I might get him stuffed olives from the deli (but I can't eat olives at any time!).
    What about something for the two of them together like movie tickets. Or you could give them a voucher for a romantic dinner to be redeemed in the third trimester only (right before bubba arrives). Except it's a romantic dinner you cook for them.
    You could him a book like "Diary of an expecting Dad". You could get it off Ebay.
    I do love Trish's idea about massage oils. Something to encourage them to spend time together before the baby gets here!
    What about candles and bath salts for a relaxing bath?

MG

Oh thank you, I forgot about those mags, I used to love reading them with my first pg, the gingers a great idea too. I love the voucher idea but we live a LONG way away. I might keep that idea for a baby shower present for both of them when we see them at CHristmas. Thanks keep those ideas coming!

Thanks Mother Goose - we do live a long way from each other ( a couple of 1000km) but I might think about it and see what I can work out!

Jodie259 Guest

* Sea bands that go on the wrists and help with morning sickness...
    * something for swollen feet (thongs & peppermint cream??)
    * some sort of pillow to help with sleeping as she gets bigger (friend gave me a little pillow that had bean bag beans in it... very handy!).
    * pregnancy vitamins
    * a book on pregnancy/birth/babies' first year - or Pinky's books on sleeping/crying (mums should read as many books before birth - as there is no time after!)
    * the belly bands or jeans expanders... or any pregnancy clothing

Hope that gives you some ideas....

A lot of the baby's first year record books also have places to record pregnancy stuff - they might like to have something like that. Also there are books specifically for expectant dads - stuff like surviving labour, things not to say, how to help your wife, what to expect during the pregnancy, delivery, and newborn days, etc. I've seen some pretty good ones that are funny, and practical too.
    Magazines, both pregnancy and non-pregnancy related would be something that I would love myself, too. Something maybe with ideas for decorating a nursery?
    Sounds like a fun project - I'm sure they will appreciate it!

One of those heat pack things that you warm in the microwave... I love my one of these right now... feels great against my sore hips.

'New Active Birth' by Janet Balaskas.....she can start her yoga stretches waaaay early!
    I assume you've told her about BellyBelly.....one of THE best presents you could ever share!

A big pack of rennies
    rolls of film or a digi print voucher to record her changing belly.

I waas going to say some heartburn pills and a wheat bag

The website address for BellyBelly.

That's all you need. Well, that and the odd item of clothing that's a bit loose at the moment.

thanks, I'm getting a great list have to go shopping tomorrow so I can send it. Keep the ideas coming!

Maybe some sour citrus lollies. I loved those when I had morning sickness. We bought a tin of them at Bi Lo ear where they have the gum and mints.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    A big pack of rennies
    rolls of film or a digi print voucher to record her changing belly.
    Amen the Rennies! Bless those things I say!
    How about a little hand held massager type thing?
    I got my SO a dvd called "Being Dad"... All little anecdotes and tips from fathers.
    You could always send him a cigar! hehehe

What about a pregnancy fitness/yoga dvd? I bought mine new off ebay for $12.00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast