Thread: pregnant with a disease??

Default pregnant with a disease??

Is there anyone out there that has an ilness/disease and is pg??
    I have MS and was wondering if anyone is experiencing some of my emotions??

My Dad has MS & a friend of mine just delivered a baby girl bang on her EDD with MS...
    I am an emotional freak too, so I guess we all go crazy when preg!?

Good Luck!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you just recently get diagnosed with MS or did you know that you had MS with your other kids? Does MS cause any concerns for you and your Bub?

I've got a chronic illness called Vasculitis which has meant that this pregnancy has to be monitered quite closely. So far so good though...and I try to put it to the back of my mind as much as I can. O

I actually was diagnosed whilst pg with the twins, and it was scary to think about having more, Its not hereditory but I'm still scared they will get it, or that I will become too sick to look after them. I want to see them grow up,and I don't want to remembered as their "sick" mum. I'm pretty good, but it scares me whats around the corner.

We have also been told its' not hereditary & that it is less common in males. That most wopmen don't knoew they have it until child bearing age!
    My friend has days where she cannot move & was warned that the stress of preg & labour would not help her, but so far she isa doing well.
    Mind you her diet totally consists of Peanut butter toast, Mud cake & pineapple soft drink!!!! She does no exercise at all, so I guess if she desn't try to help herself & keep her working muscles moving then she really has noone else to blame.

My Dad was diagnosed about 8 yrs ago & has gone from a leg cramp to walking very, very slowly & only about 10 steps at a time with a walking stick...

But he also did not exercise when he still could!

I hope all goes well for you & I am sure the Dr's have told you pretty much everything!!!

Yes I try to do what I can to keep myself healthy, but then theres times when you think well if I'm gunna die early, might as well enjoy the trip there!!
    I dunno the Drs cant seem to tell me anything, its like well we'll have to see as time goes how you progress...... Then you have those who reckon I'm mad for having kids, coz wouldn't it be less stress on my bod without kiddlets, but I reckon if you don't live life to the full why live at all.??

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Vanita,

There is an article on Pregnancy & MS on the main site - you can read it HERE.

I hope you find it informative!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

thanx 4 that kelly, one of my main problems with the disease is the fatigue, my previous employer knew I had the disease, but I got sacked from there when Rianna was 3 days old, as they were "reorganising" the company, I have only been with this employer for 6 months, and so am not entitled to maternity leave(they are giving me LWOP) I absolutely love my new job and are scared to tell them about the MS as I might get sacked again, so I am "soldiering on" in silence, and I 'm not good at keeping secrets and it is killing me!!