Thread: Proactiv during pregnancy??

Question Proactiv during pregnancy??

Hi there,
    Now all the ladies here are smart and wise so i am hoping you can give me some more advice on a different topic!
    I have been using proactiv solution (the acne treatment) for the past 2 years and i am wondering if it is still safe to continue using whilst pregnant? it's main ingredient is Benzoyl Peroxide. i have checked the other ingredients on their website and it does not contain Accutane or anything by that name. i have been using it thus far but this morning i just had a 'feeling' that i should really check to see if it's safe. i will be seeing my doc this week and will check with him too but just wanted to get some outside advice as well. Thanks a lot, take care and God bless. x x x

I used proactive throughout my pregnancy with my twin girls..I never really thought too much about it..Fast forward 18 months and I have changed products..I wanted something a bit more natural and I am currently using a brand callled Essenza..It has lavender essential oil in it..MMMMMM..I actually find my skin is a lot better than when I was using proactive..maybe my skin got" use to it"

Thanks for that. i have decided to change to a more natural product anyways so if you have anymore advice on products that u may know of that would be great!

I swear it must sound like i get commissions or soemthing for this range, but i dont!! But, of course, i am going to recommend sukin.

**** Sukin Organics - Organic Australia Skincare ****

Hi, I've done some research on this myself and apparently benxoyl peroxide (the active ingredient in proactiv) is classed as a category C drug- So far, there have been no studies on humans or animals that show risk correlations between benzoyl peroxide and pregnancy. See this link- Benzoyl peroxide and pregnancy This means the risk is still unknown. If I were you I would just check it with your doctor.

*edit* ooops I see you're going to use something else anyway! Good luck, I know how frustrating skincare can be!

I read that you should not use any acne products at all when TTCing or during pregnancy as many of them contain chemicals that are thought to be harmful during early pregnancy. I wouldn't risk it.

I agree with Kitt3n - I've been using Sukin for about 6 months now and I love it! it's a lovely product but isn't overly expensive either - double bonus!!!

Good luck

oohh...I was wondering the same thing. I'm afraid I'm going to have a major breakout if I stop using it but I stopped the day I got my bfp coz I just don't know if it's ok. Now I have to find something else. Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

Where do you get the Sukin products from??

I get it from my local health foods shop. They have a 'Sukin Organics' website though so you can contact them and find out where the closest retailer to you is.

Thanks AJC!