Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raspberry leaf tea

Default raspberry leaf tea

just a quick question. i am 35 weeks pregnant and am wondering if it is too late to start drinking raspberry leaf tea to see any benefits? also are the tablets better than the tea?

Melody Guest

Never too late.... I enjoyed the tea mentally, I found it very soothing in my last few weeks so I would recommend it over the tablets. Always a good time to have a nice cup of tea

I started drinking the tea ( 3 times a day ) when I was 36 weeks pregnant ( might have been 37 ) . Im not sure if it did anything ( I gave birth on my due date , so I didnt go early or anything )...Its meant to tone your uterus..
    A lot of people prefer the tablets because they dont like the taste of the tea , I personally didnt mind , it was a bit like chamomile

rae80 Guest

im the same as melody i really enjoyed drinking it i went two days over and had a 32 min labour not sure if it was the tea that helped but its good to drink it its suposed to be good for your uterus or somethink
    goodluck
    ps im not sure if tablets are better than drinking it it least with a tablet you dont have to wash your cup out

I think it helped with me, i took the tablets from 7months on, i had dilated from 2cms to 10 with in 20 mins!!

I liked the tea too......I love a cuppa herbal at teh best of times!

Definately not too late to start.......I am not sure if it had any impact on my uterus or anything, but it felt like good preparation for labour.......I had two quick labours and recovered very well from both.....

when can you start taking it?

I took it from 34 weeks and was told the tea was more effective than the tablets. I hated the flavour so I drank it cold mixed with fruit juice. I thnk it really helped as my labour was only 5 1/2 hours for a first baby. Good luck

I started at 32 weeks. I'm not sure on the "right" time but I was told to start a month into my 3rd trimester.

Yep, I think from 32 weeks is the "standard" timeframe given......

I have a couple of boxes at the ready.....LOL

Just wondering where you can buy Raspberry Leaf Tea? I had a look at woolies near work and they had everything in the world but that. Can you only get it at a health store? Are there any brands that are better than others?

Thanks!

My OB recommended the tablets because you need to drink 6 or more cups per day for it to be effective. blerk! hehe. I'm not a fan of herbal teas, so there was no way I was gonna gulp down that much of a tea that a lot of people don't like. LOL.

I did spot the loose leaf tea in a health shop, I had to get the tablets from there too, coz the supermarket didn't have it, and not all the chemists did either.

I can't remember when I started... Tallon was born at 37 weeks.. probably around week 34? can't remember.

I found mine at Woolworths, but not with all the other Teas/Coffees.. It was in the health food section. "Red Seal" brand for less that $5 - they are the bags, not loose leaf. I do have the loose leaf stuff as well, got it from a Health Food store.. works out cheaper than the bags, but not as convenient.
    I hate the taste when it is hot, so I drink it luke warm/cold.. but still only manage one cup a day, so might suppliment with tablets or try mixing another herbal tea with it liek peppermint.

Yep, the health food aisle of most supermarkets is the place to find the tea bags. I found a good method of drinking a whole load was to make up a big 2l jug of it....8 teabags to 2l of boilng water, then just drank it as my fluid all day.......but I like herbal teas hot cold, lukewarm and cold, so this was easy for me...

The bonus of drinking loads of it, aside from the way it tones your uterus, is that it makes your skin GLOW.....not that I am vain or anything, LOL!

Thanks gals. Had another look at woolies and they didnt have it at the one near work.. so ventured a little futher and found the leafy one at the Health Food store up the road "Hilde Hemmes' Herbals".. then thought id look in the chemist on the way back and they had the tea bag Red Seal ones so i got them too. Will have the bags at work and the leaf at home. Thats good if it work towards my water intake as i dont think i have enough water each day.. Having my first cup now, have found it tastes a little nicer with honey.. cheers!

Kellxx - I've got both the Hilde Hemmes' one and the Red Seal ones too. Both taste pretty much the same, 'cept the Hilde one seems a bit stronger for some reason?

The Hilde Hemmes' one is irradiated, but the Red Seal is not... there is another brand called Blooms which is also not irradiated. Don't know if this makes any difference to anyone else, but I like my tea radiation free

Also I was told it was OK to drink all the way through the pregnancy... perhaps I should stop?

Ahh ok.. does irradiation have any effects on the baby or me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast