Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: raspberry leaf tea

i went to obsteritian and they said not to take it until 36 weeks at the least due to it sometimes bringing on labour.

sheesh... why do they radiate the tea?? what type of radiation?

DH just said that tinned food etc etc is sometimes radiated to kill bacteria. Can't really escape it.

My midwife recommends Rasberry Leaf Tincture which you can but from naturopath's, I think its equivilent to the tablets but in liquid form only you don't have to take as much, I just took 1 teaspoon in juice twice a day. I found this one the best because I don't like herbal teas.

The radiation is to make sure it doesn't go mouldy. It's a personal preference - as far as I'm concerned I get enough radiation from everywhere else, so I'd rather have less where I can... but I wouldn't worry that it is going to have any terrible effects, and sorry if I caused you concern! Just wanted to put the info out there, IYKWIM!

I was told it was ok to drink from 27 weeks and that it only makes you go into labour if your body was ready for labour.

From the reading I did about it, I got the idea that there weren't really conclusive studies about raspberry leaf tea.. only that it wasn't proving to be harmful, and is more likely to be of benefit for the uterus etc.

I probably wouldn't take it too early just in case tho And I doubt many people are drinking the amount you really need everyday anyway. It's a lot! heh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12