Thread: Really dont feel well, I HATE being pregnant - what to do?

Default Really dont feel well, I HATE being pregnant - what to do?

I am miserable with a capitol M. I thought 2nd trimester was supposed to get better but I just dont feel well all the time: my m/s has returned, I have a headache 24/7, no appetite, I just want to cry and crawl into a hole until September. I hate feeling this way, but Im really starting to resent being pregnant. Its getting worse every week esp since my little car accident on Sunday. I dont know what to do as Im sure most Drs will tell me to live with it, all a part of pregnancy.

I still have 23 weeks to go :smt022

you poor thing. Pregnancy can be a really hard time for all of us. I wish I could offer some advice on how to make that pesky M/S go away but if I knew the answer to that I'd be a billionare.
    I hope your DP gives you a big hug tonight and maybe a nice massage as well.
    Although feeling down is part of beiong preggers if it gets to a point where you really feel that you can't cope you should talk to your Dr about it. They might be able to suggest some coping strategies.
    Ante-natal depression can be very difficult to deal with and you shouldn't have to struggle on alone.

Anna,

i know it seems like a lifetime away at the moment but just keep thinking about holding your beautiful baby in your arms, once you are doing that, all the discomforts of pregnancy seem to dissapear and its all worth it!

Stay positive, i know its hard, there is nothing worse than not feeling well and for a pro longed time too but it will be worth it!!

aw Anna I'm so sorry to hear its not going well. I had m/s with number 1 for 23 weeks... it was awful, after that I felt great but I hated every minute of pregnancy and was suffering from low BP as well which made me feel weak & faint.

I hope things do pick up for you soon!

Hi Anna,

You poor thing. Although i have not been sick i know at times ive had enough of my tiredness and having to pee every 10 minutes at work (when the bathrooms are 2 flights of stairs up), but my ultrasound last week really gave me a pick me up.. seeing that lil baby in there was priceless. I hope you have a similar experience at your 18-20 week scan.

Ive heard alot of girls on here say Ginger Tea helps alot, have you tried any remedies for the sickness? Even so, if its getting to you that much id still mension it to the doctor.. he/she can recommend something else you could have that is completely safe to ease the nausia.. and if theyre no help just ask a Chemist. I had the flu around the 12 week mark and actually found the Chemist themselves really helpful, especially the little old ones.. they know what theyre talking about!

Best of luck and hope it does ease for you soon

Oh, Anna. I so want to give oyu a big hug. I haven't been so unfortunate to be sick, but I absolutley hate being pregnant (at least I did right up until 35 weeks). I was so depressed and didn't know what to do. I even have a backgorund in menta health.
    It doesn't help either when people think you are joking and insist you look great. It took me 30 weeks to tell DH and he was shocked cos I'd hidden it so well. Don't wait that long sweety. Tell your doc and make sure someone knows to keep an eye on you.

The girls here are great. If you need a chat there's plenty of us here.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwwww I'm so sorry you are feeling this way :hugs: I hope you start to feel better soon so you can start enjoying your pregnancy.

Owww mate, that's no good.

I didn't have headaches til the 2nd trimester so I wasn't too impressed with that..
    And isn't it funny when people say 'Congratulations! How exciting' and you feel like um no this is the crappest thing ever

I really hope you start to feel better soon, and if you don't, really, talk to a midwife or doctor about it and if they don't take you seriously, stomp on their toes or kick them in the shins or something?
    They might not be able to fix everything, but they might know tricks to relieve symptoms? All the best Anna :flower:

i hated being pg too!!
    You are not alone.

I loved the thought of my babies inside of me, but hated being sick 24/7, vomiting everything I ate -plus the costipation, heartburn, severe tiredness, braxton hicks from 14 weeks and dehydration.

Some things that helped me cope were
    - a massage at least every two weeks
    - a warm bath - only time the bubbas settled down
    - granny naps on the couch whenever I could
    - a good multi-vitamin
    - a caring and understand OB that can offer you some medication that is safe to eliviate some of the symptoms at least
    - finishing full time work earlier than I anticipated (26 weeks) so if I had an off day i could just take it easy, or puke without having to run through the staff room

You can only do what you can do. don't be afraid to give yourself permission to be indulgent and feel sorry for yourself.

I will never forget how good I felt the day after I had our kids. I din't realise how bad it really did get, until after I had them and felt 'normal' again. I felt better 2 hours after my c-sec, than I did 2 hours before- lolol

Good luck and I hope the symptoms do ease - otherwise have you thought of trying a natropath etc to help in a more natural way to cope with the symptoms.

Fraser Guest

hey there, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

It wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that I started to feel anything less than rotten.

I told my DH that this pregnancy caper wasn't all it's cracked up to be and we're only having one - but to tell you the honest truth I've almost forgotten how crap I felt back then. I think my energy and happy hormones only returned me to a sense of normality - I haven't had heaps of energy or fab-o skin at all.

I think that perhaps there is a percentage of us that doesn't cope that well with the changes in our bodies, through no fault of our own - i have taken this to mean we'll have easy births and be kick ar*e parents!!!!

Hang in there, I'm sure you've heard this before, but it does get better!

Em

Just to pipe up and tell you I hated being pregnant too. Everything about it annoyed me!!!!
    I look back with fond memories on all the wriggling now, but at the time I really despised it all, and hated that I couldn't do things with my body that I noprmally liked doing, and I know I'll be the same with this one.

Some of us just aren't good child carriers!! But that doesn't mean you wont make a great mum

Chin up - you're getting closer every day.

Fi