Thread: Red itchy belly!

Default Red itchy belly!

I have a bad rash on my belly which is really starting to itch! I saw a naturopath yesterday and she told me it was my liver and has given me a liver tonic but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this. Its just become soooo itchy!

Thanks

L.

I had something like this in my first pregnancy. I had an itchy rash all over my belly, legs and arms. Doctor never told me what it was but advised me to use pinetarsol in a luke warm bath. Worked a treat too. The itching stopped for the rest of the day so i would have one in the morning and one at night.

I read about this - sometimes it can be just a side-effect of stretching (if so skin preparations will relieve it), and other times it can be a symptom of stress to your liver, which can be quite serious (and won't be helped by moisturiser or other skin treatments). Can't remember what the specific name of it is. You should see your dr or midwife about it as well.

It's not that what your naturopath has given you won't help, and yr doc might be happy for you to keep taking it, but depending on what she's given you, some naturopathic liver cleansers/tonics may not fix the problem quickly enough, especially when dealing with pregnancy.

Good luck!

Thanks girls... I did have something like this with my first pregnancy.. and am seeing my ob next week so will let you know what he makes of it!

L.

hope it all goes well, and that you get some relief from the itching soon!