View Poll Results: What was your sex drive like during pregnancy?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • My sex drive was low for the whole pregnancy

16 19.05%
  • My sex drive changed frequently

19 22.62%
  • My sex drive was the same as pre-pregnancy

12 14.29%
  • My sex drive increased a great deal

18 21.43%
  • Sex? What's that?!

19 22.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sex drive during Pregnancy

Default reply

Sex, my poor DH no way! He didn't get it for the whole time I was preggers WITH BOTH. Poooooor DH. PS not gettin' much now either.hehehehehehehehehehehe :funny: well I thought it was anyway

Both our sex drives were very high in early pregnancy up until approx 13 weeks then it slowly died down where we were DTD once every 2 to 3 weeks, which is unheard of for us, for the last 2 weeks approx 37 weeks pregnant my sex drive has come back back still not DTD much as Mark is too tired from his long days, which can be frustrating for my hormones LOL

Take Care

Deeanne

My sex drive changes all the time.
    But DH has been not been allowed since i had the bleeding scare at 18 weeks.

Ive been as horny as hell and DH is loving it. \/ Once I got past the 18 week mark and was starting to feel normal again it was all go for us.

Jo

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Lee33 Guest

This is a great topic, its not talked about very much, yet sex plays such an important role in our relationships with our partners!

My sex drive has decreased quite a bit since being pregnant, I am finding that very frustrating, as I love sex.
    I still try for once a week with hubby. My main issue is that when we do have sex, I cant reach orgasm.
    Has anyone else had this problem??

My poor poor DH didn't get sex from the moment William was conceived till 6 mths after he was born....ooopppssss :shock: LOL, now he's getting strapped to the bed I'm just so rrrrrrrrr gimmi gimmi gimmi

I voted mine changes frequently.
    At the beinging on my pregnancy i was also on my honeymoon so se drive was definatley increased.
    Then i was not interested at all.
    Only to become interested again by week 20 but DH had issues with it!
    Now I don't know if im coming or going!

paradise lost Guest

I already had a higher sex drive than DP before pregnancy, so it's hard to say how much more or less i'd have been HAVING sex based on when i was WANTING it, IYKWIM.

We were afraid of miscarriage and didn't DTD for the fisrt 12 weeks (i was also v. tired and nauseous). Then we did it once but not again until i was about 16 weeks. Then we did it quite alot for us (2 or 3 times a week) for a month or so, then nothing again for a while. It's been quite sporadic. Recently he's been put off my how big and wriggly the baby is, as he can feel it very easily now.

Which is a shame because i would like to DTD and tempt it out....

Hx

My sex drive was low for the whole pregnancy

My sex drive (which at the best of times isnt that great) exploded!!! It was amazing!
    Too bad the DP was weirded out having sex with a preggo- arghhhh!!!

Lol. With me it very much depends on if my bub is girl or boy.
    With all my boys I've been horny as, but with my girl I hardly wanted it at all.
    Very confusing for DH as we usually both have a reasonably high libido.

DH hasn't had it since late feb early march. Only tonight we are getting into the grove but miss 6 weeks old has interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispe View Post
    Lol. With me it very much depends on if my bub is girl or boy.
    With all my boys I've been horny as, but with my girl I hardly wanted it at all.
    Very confusing for DH as we usually both have a reasonably high libido.
    I've heard that. It's probably an old wives tale but when pregnant with boys you want it more but with a girl it drops

totally fluctuates for me. some weeks have a strong drive and then others I completely forget about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelittleprincess View Post
    I've heard that. It's probably an old wives tale but when pregnant with boys you want it more but with a girl it drops
    Lol I know, but in my case it's true. I have friends that it's the complete opposite.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Nothing happening here at all. I think I am too scared lol

My sex drive has been the same prior to pg but we have avoided sex due to my history of m/c. So we did nothing in the first trimetser, I think we tried in the second but no go for me then once in this trimester. I was the same when pg with my DD too. I can't remember once we had DD what happened but probably avoided sex due to being sleep deprived and also I think we waited until 6 week check up and for locia to subside...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast