Thread: Sex in early pregnancy...

Red face Sex in early pregnancy...

Ok, we're too scared to do it!!!!!!!!! lol.
    I'm scared something will go wrong coz I've read posts about ppl having m/c and the bleeding starting after sex. I know they say it's perfectly safe but it still worries me... ***TMI*** when we dtd I can sometimes feel it hitting my cervix. That is not cool, how can that be good?? I might jolt the little bugger free!! rofl.

Does anyone else feel the same??

I was once told by my GP that if he is hitting your cervix he probably isn't "turgid" enough - (her exact words - it still makes me laugh - it is amazing how you can make it sounds really dirty - but I digress).

But, if you are worried then don't. There are plenty of other ways that you can "play" until you are comfortable.

We were exactly the same SJ (bit different in the technical aspects of course...) but the same in that we were way to scared to do anything that might loosen little Bubble's grip in there!

I think if you're not comfy with doing it then don't. Besides, the times we started it usually ended pretty quickly as I just wasn't into it - all I could think was "what about Bubble".
    (Though to be honest I was constantly exhausted until about 10 weeks, so sex was the last thing I wanted to do when I hopped into bed anyway!!!)

rofl taffylou, sounds lovely. Hmm....that doesn't make sense, I would think it would be the other way around iykwim, lol.

Leasha- thanks! Yeah, we'd probably be too scared to be very into it anyway, lol. And yes, omg the tiredness, I'm not even out of my PJs yet today, hahaha, I want to go back to bed.

I felt that way in my first pregnancy; but if you have a normal pregnancy, sex should be perfectly fine. I would discuss with my doctor if you have any concerns - don't be embarrassed

as far as i know its ok as long as you have no history of M/C. and your not too rough.

we did it with both PG's and all is fine. as the others said there are other methods.

most people leave it for the first 12 weeks (though most people i know are not interested during that time anyway) and do whatever you feel like after that.

good luck and if in doubt ask you OB or midwife.

Our Dr said sex was perfectly ok during the first tri and that there was no evidence that it causes m/c. She said it was more to do with how I felt, morning sickness etc.

We still didn't DTD until we were about 15 weeks (much to Dh disgust) as I always felt quite sick in the first tri, now I just don't have the energy .

I guess its just up to you, if your concerned talk to your dr about it maybe try a possie that doesn't allow such deep entry ?

Nae x

SJ I have already told DH not to even look at me in a sexy way for alteast another 6 weeks lol. I am too worried that something might happen - thats just me and with my history of m/c i have reason to be extra worried. That said, i will be up for any other extra corricular activities that dont involve penetration

LOL Sarah - that is what I thought too - but apparently it just slides on by and up the side of it (Sorry - TMI!)

ROFL, up the side of it!

OMG KRISTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know you got a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!

Thanks SJ. Yep, fingers crossed for 3rd time lucky. Thanks hun, hopefully ll be feeling confident enough next week to make an announcement - watch this space xo

Kristy!! I didn't even know you had a BFP either!!! CONGRATS hun

Sara, rofl, you're so funny you crack me up but good question to ask as i was curious about that myself.....