Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snibs??????

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Default Snibs??????

Hi All

Can anyone please tell me what the hell snibs are? I'm supposed to take them to the hospital with me for bubs but I don't even know what they are, except that I assume they are something to do with cloth nappies?? Am I right??? Because I also have to take plastic pants and fluffies. If anyone could help that would be great. Oooh, also where would I get said snibs from? Are they common? I looked in the supermarket yesterday in the baby section and didn't find any.

Thanks girls.

Snibs are like Snappi Nappies I think

T shaped fastners so you don't have to use pins. You can buy them in the supermarket but under Snappi Nappies

Okay did some reasearch and they sound like plastic pants that you tie up at the front don't actually pull up. I had some here that I got from Target but hated it so made Andrew take them back, and buy proper pull up plastic pants.

Love

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooh thanks Kathryn, I did see them and wondered if maybe they were it but I had no idea, thanks so much

katanya Guest

I think snibs are plastic covers used over cloth nappies, but they tie on instead of being pants..does your hospital use cloth nappies exclusively when they are born? how wonderful!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oooh, I thought they were the pants, it says on my thing plastic pants and I thought they were the ones with elastic on em, gee, shows you how much I know.

Awwww, aren't you sweet, I'd really appreciate that Thanks.

I did a search for you on what Snibs are and came up with this:

Snibs: A waterproof cover for newborn babies that is roughly triangle shaped and is secured by tying the ends together arounf the babies waist.

HTH

Take Care

Deeanne

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well I am assuming they do katanya, it says to bring those things and 2 disposable nappies to take bubby home. So I think that they do which kind of scares me because I have no idea how to fold a nappy I have never ever done it and I didn't plan to either, so I'm kind of freaked out a little.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks for that Dee, gee, I wish I had thought of doing that #-o doh! I hope my brain function come back after this one comes out. I feel like I'm bonkers sometimes.

Bec, don`t freak out too much about not knowing how to fold a cloth nappy, if they exclusively use cloth at your hospital the midwifes will show you or you can do a search on the net on ways to fold. I`m using cloth and going to use the Tri Fold way of folding them.

Take Care

Deeanne

Snibs are tie on plastic pants which you can generally buy from "any good chemist". They work quite effectively for small babies. There are two sizes a 'T' shaped on and an 'H' on it's side shaped on. Can't remember which size you start with, I think the T shape.

Ask the pharmacy staff when you're there. They'll sort you out.

My hospital only uses cloth too, as they say they have no disposal practice in p-lace for disposables!

They supp[ly the cloth nappies but we take in thje snibs etc.. They are kind of triangular/t shaped & work best with flannelette nappies, you tuck nappy edges into each other & then tie the snib covering all the flanelette material so as no fluids leak out! I used them for ages with DD before using terry towelling nappies, snappi's & plastics!!!

But you can get them at most baby shops!!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well I sure hope they will show us Dee, or I will be in so much trouble, I'm hoping they will show us in our birth classes maybe??? But I was telling my mum yesterday and she said that there's a special way for foling for boys, is this the way you're talking about? The tri-fold? Or is there no difference for boys and girls??

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Wow thank you all so much.

I was hoping they would show us in the classes shannon, thank goodness. Nope haven't started them yet, we start them on the 17th May.

katanya Guest

Yep dont worry I too was freaked out at the folds, and in my antenatal class I was the worst at it..now I am a pro at it

I use the trifold on Felix and it is THE best, it's really easy to fold once you get the hang of it and you can stack them nicely afterwards.

I would recomend buying some microfleece and cutting rectangles in the shape of the liner instead of using commercial liners, not only does it work better , softer, but you can wash them heaps of times..

BTW I don't use plastic pants or snibs with cloth nappies, they cause nappy rash, but should be fine in hospital for a few days..I use covers made of PUL, they keep dry and let everything breathe..quite amazing really

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We are only going to use the cloth ones for the hospital, we have already bought heaps of disposables when they were on sale, I think the disposables wil be the only way DH will change nappies, I don't think he could handle the whole cloth nappy process as bubs get older.

Shannon, a tri fold is extremely hard to explain but if you go searching for Nature`s Child I found the instructions on there. It`s super absorbent and is great for little boys. The folding of it all came back to me as it`s the same way my sister folded her nappies for her youngest 18 years ago.

At my antenatal classes they got the Dads to practice the fold and actually the Tri Fold was the only one she demonstrated it was hillarious watching them.

Take Care

Deeanne

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm sure it was hilarious and will be hilarious. I had to show DH how to put a disposable on a teddy bear and how to change it, was too funny.

Just have to say if your kid is going to get nappy rash they are going to get nappy rash no matter what is on their bottom and also if you change a cloth nappy often enough moisture isn't really a problem with the plastic pants. I did cloth nappies and plastic pants with Kameron till 18mths old. I did disposables with Lachlan. Both had cases of nappy rash.

Love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast