Thread: Speaking of Gender......

Question Speaking of Gender......

I would love to hear from any of you mums that didnt find out the gender of your fist bub but did your second or subsequent and whether you are glad you did or wish you hadnt!

When i was pregnant with Hendrix i was so adamant (sp) that i didnt want to know, whereas for some reason this time round im really really curious. DH is still sure that we shouldnt find out as we are planning another natural waterbirth and it was so glorious having a suprise after all that BUT..... im not so sure kind of really curious

Thanks guys

I haven't birthed bublet yet but we chose not to find out....finding out was something I'd never even considered. It's the only thing in life (nearly) that can remain a beautiful mystery until self revealed. We humans know too much already!
    I don't plan on finding out for subsequent babies either....but that's easy to say now! Doesn't really fully answer your question...sorry!

I didn't find out with either of my first two and it was lovely to have that surprise at the end, but this time I just wanted to know and so did DH. So we found out at 24 weeks when I had an ultrasound. I am glad I know, I don't regret finding out. As this is to be our last baby it is nice to have had both experiences - knowing and not knowing.

With our first, we found out and I loved it! We didn't tell anyone else, and I didn't buy anything pink, just in case they were wrong, but I loved feeling like I knew my baby, and giving her a name before she was born. With my second, they couldn't tell us - she had her legs crossed, and I have to say that it bothered me the whole time. Some people really get a kick out of finding out when the baby is born, but I found that at that point I didn't really care what it was, so long as it was out. I'd rather know before, because I felt that it helped me "get to know" my baby, even before she was born.
    You could always try it for this one, and see what you think, and then leave it a mystery for the next.

Fire Fly Guest

Hi Heather, we didnt find out with #1 DD because everything was so new and all so why not have a surprise. #2 DS, i found out even though DH didnt want to know, i had my suspicions he was a he anyway, but it got the better of him and i eventually told him. He was glad that he new that we had a son coming, also we could organise things like names, which we named him at like 7 weeks pg, and boys clothes. I had plenty of time to go through DD stuff to see what would be boy material.
    With the next though, if it happens, we wont be finding out. And this is purely because we are blessed to have one of each all ready so i dont need to plan, i cant just enjoy the surprise again.
    No i dont regret not finding out with #1 and i dont regret finding out with #2.

I'm like Kate. We haven't found out either time, but I was much closer to finding out this time and I have been more curious this time than last. Maybe bcos last time I had a strong feeling it was a boy (which it was) and this time I don't. I'm still glad I don't know though! I loved the surprise first time round and I'm looking forward to it again. But it's different for everyone!!

skyelar Guest

I didn't find out with my DD & loved the thrill of 'It's a GIRL' after her birth!

This time around we have found out & I have to admit I just LOVE knowing this little person inside me! No regrets what so ever, in fact I can't believe I went for so long not knowing with my DD! Good luck