Thread: spray tan during pregnancy?

Default spray tan during pregnancy?

Hi all,
    i am currently around 9 weeks pregnant and i am a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding coming up. i was just wondering if a spray tan was safe to have as the other bridesmaid as well as the bride are having one and i want to match their colour. im not really white, just not as brown as i usually am. is there any other alternative that may be safe if fake tan isn't? thanks in advance x

I had a spray tan done at 19 weeks with DD1 and was worried it would hurt. The lady who done it said it was perfectly fine. DD1 is ok so im assuming it has done no harm either!

I'm so vain, I fake tanned through all my pregnancies. I asked a midwife with my first pregnancy and after laughing at me she said it would be ok. she suggested maybe not to put it on my stomach. Go for it. It will make your pregnancy "glow" extra "glowy".

I've no idea about ingredients or whatever is in spray tan, but thought I'd just pop in and say to patch test whatever you're going to use, coz pregnancy can make your skin more sensitive to things or it could possibly turn out a different colour to what you expected! hehe.

Enjoy the wedding

Some people say no, because they avoid as many chemicals as they possibly can during pregnancy, so it really depend on your personal philosophies.

Some salons are reluctant to spray tan during pregnancy too, so you might just want to double check that.

Another thing to consider is that your skin is stretching, so it might not look great for long, but if it's for a special occasion and then you're not too fussed after that, that's okay then! Have fun at the wedding.

Thanks for that girls! i'm just gonna get it done and i'm sure things wil be ok, i mean i still (have to) get my hair foiled and i feel a little guilty but i have a friend who owns a salon so i will be sure to double check with her before too. Fingers crossed all stays good and i don't come out looking like an orange oompaloompa lol! x

Absorption through the skin is actually minimal so I can't see a reason why it would be unsafe (just like colouring your hair etc) If in doubt check it out with your gp.

Hi - I had a couple with DD - if you are wearing a long dress just get shoulders etc done - I avoided the tummy though ...