Thread: Stomach ache.....??

Unhappy Stomach ache.....??

I have had a stomach ache over the last 2 days but it is really hard to explain the pain, but here goes!

I don't think it is bubs because the pain is in the top part of my belly, just under my ribs and is all above my belly button. The pain comes and goes and is kind of a sharp "ache" is the only word that really describes it! Just achey. It does radiate up under my ribs at times, but doesn't feel muscular. I have muscle separation from being pg with Iz but it really doesn't feel like the muscles. The pain is kind of on either side under my ribs so if I put my hands on my belly on either side it is in the section that my palm covers. It comes and goes and I don't think it is indigestion either because it makes no difference if I have eaten or not. Could it just be everything moving around and bub taking up more room? If I lie down I can feel my uterus up to my belly button level, and this pain is a bit higher but maybe all my internal organs are shifting??? I don't remember feeling like this with Iz. I've also had a bit of achey feeling in my back/kidney region.

Any ideas??!!! Pretty vague hey but it is really uncomfortable and after 2 days of it on and off while I've been at work I'm pretty over it.

Sorry about your discomfort - that can't be fun! I remember with S, I used to get quite uncomfortable towards the end, just put it down to indigestion, but I'm not sure if that was the case! So I can't really help, but just wanted to sympathise

Hi Tan
    The pain that you describe is one of the signs of PE. Although It would be unusual to get PE at 20 weeks it may be a good idea to get your BP checked just to be on the safe side.

Thanks Alan, it really does come and go. With PE- is that high BP??? My BP has been spot on so far at every appointment - the last one being one week or so ago. I will call my hospital later today though and see what they say. Thanks for your advice.

tan i hope you feel better soon!

Hi Tan
    Yes your BP is high with PE. But as I said it is unlikely that this is what you have at 20 weeks. It is more likely that the pain you are suffering is caused by your ribcage expanding under the influence of hormones.

Well I rang the emergency maternity dept and the midwife said it is very unlikely to be PE and because DH and DD have both had gastro it could be that. I am going to go the the chemist though to get my BP checked just for peace of mind now that I am stressing about it
    Thanks again!