Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stretchmarks!

chelleg I heard to use olive oil or butter... an old Italian lady swore by it to me. I was in the chemist looking because I got stretch marks during labour...didn't have any until I was in the hospital having Matilda and was trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I don't have any now... just waiting to see if I do this time.

chelleg Guest

Christy, there wasn't even a hint of a stretch mark on this womans belly! It was her third baby and he was a big baby, so i'd give it a go! I'm sure she said she got it from the body shop

skorpy Guest

Some woman got it spot on in this thread......

You will Get strectchmarks no matter what.If you havent much Elasticity in your skin,your skin will Tear. Lotions will help a little,but it wont stop all. People who use Lotions and have completely smooth skin Automatically think the cream done it,when in reality,they probably wouldnt have got stretchmarks anyway.

My sister inlaw used the proper pregnancy stretchmark cream everyday and still got them,which is proof.Like I said,it may help,but if your going to get them you will.Its just one of them unfortunate things for us mums who doesnt have alot of stretch in our skin,and thats me included.

Anyone who already has stretchmarks has them for life,you can not completely get rid of them but you can calm the appearence down.Its a scar thats there permanatly.
    Last edited by skorpy; August 30th, 2006 at 01:25 AM.

If zinc is good, why not just use a cream with zinc in it, instead of semen! I can't say I would find massaging semen into my belly very enjoyable, too sticky...

I used one my friend bought me from the chemist (she used it too) called "Happy Event" and i have not got any stretch marks at all. It comes in a white tube with purple writing. Not sure if its due to the cream or what but neither did my friend or her sister inlaw. My midwife last week even remarked how strange it was to see a "blondey" with no stretch marks

whoo hoo thats the one i have on order

Hello, yes my tum is permanently crinkly now since I had terrible stretchies in my first pg. What I found was regular use of yummy moisturisers a) made me feel I had done everything in my power to prevent them and b) helped with the itchy feeling I got when there was a new one coming on.

The scary surprise: you can get them on your breasts :-O !!!
    The happy ending: they do fade

I found that accepting them (and all the other permanent body changes: bigger rib cage, bigger feet, droopier bosom, etc) was part of the journey of accepting that shift in self identity in becoming a mother.
    x
    Marydean

We must have fairly elasticy skin, as Mum, my 2 sisters & I dont have any tummy stretch marks, I have some underneath my breasts as they went from a C cup to a G cup..
    I also have a few on my love handle arae, but nothing on my tummy...
    My Mum was told to use pure Lanolin from her chemist when she was preg & it stunk, but she never got any with my older sister, but then she forgot to do it when preg with me & she got none & didnt do anything with my youngest sister & we have photo's of my Mum nursing my youngesr sister at 3wks of age a size 8 in bikini's on the beach!!!!
    I dont have her tall thin genes, but if I wanted to I could wera bikini's without any stretch marks on my tummy!!!
    Danni it will depend on your skin babe, aint nothing gonna help, but popping a nice yummy smelling cream on, will make you feel nice!!!

Lots of moisture on the inside is what counts. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids to keep your skin hydrated. Thats the best you can do.
    Creams & lotions are nice but defently wont prevent them from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by kristi14
    Hi,I have tried using the Palmers and every time i quickly show an allergic reaction to it with a really itchy belly and spots everywhere, so if you have sensitive skin just be aware of that.
    This happened to me too, the rash started off in a little spot and by the end of the week it covered my boobs, belly and neck. I in NO WAY have sensitive skin either..LOL

The Palmers stretch mark cream does have a warning on the label...your hormones change when pregnant, making you succeptable to allergies.

I have stuck with my tried and true Vasoline Intesive Care cream...that I have been using since a teen ager.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12