Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subway - have you/would you eat it during PG?

Melinda Guest

Question Subway - have you/would you eat it during PG?

For some reason I have a bit of a craving for a Chicken & Bacon Ranch Subway LOL. Do you think it would be safe to have one or not????

What about other subs??? Any thoughts???

It's weird that I'm thinking about eating that kind of thing since I'm still unwell with gastro!!! I don't think I'd venture to have one for several days yet......my main food is toast as I can't stomach anything else........argh. So call this forward planning LOL.

I've had the chicken fillet one as i was craving it so much, but i didn't feel right after, so have stayed away from it. I don't see why not though unless after you don't feel right, then i'd suggest not to. but i had it during ym pregnancy with Lily all the time and it was fine. Bacon is so yum though, i've been craving it for weeks!

Melinda Guest

LOL I craved bacon when I was PG with Jacob!

I'm the same as Tegan, when I was preggers with Nyah that's pratically all I ate!!

Subway is the best tasting food I have eaten throughout this pg. I stick to one type though and even though a couple of times I have been sick, it hasn't stopped me eating it!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I have eaten it a few times the chicken fillet one - I just made sure it was toasted or heated through - I would steer clear of all cold processed deli meats but anything heated should be fine.They have a high turnover and good hygiene - the person/people making sandwich doesn't touch the money and they use tongs / gloves and change them too.

I guess thats it, I've had the vegie pattie sub a few times but I still wonder about how clean the salads are etc... so I always check out the person behind the counter before I order & if I don't like what I see I get a drink & leave.

I craved it all through my pg with Declan, but was way to paranoid to eat it. Just make sure it is completley heated through (if its the chicken one) and the salads look fresh. I have seen a few Subway places here that the lettuce looks a few days old.

Karlee Guest

I love subway and have eaten it occasionally in my pregnancies. I have always though gone for a hot one like the chicken fillet and asked them to microwave it a bit longer. I do however never have salads, i just cant trust how long its actually been sitting there kinda thing.

We had it last week and I have been fine. I had a Hot Roasted Chicken Roll with salads and mayo

Love

I eat Subway when i was pg with Alexander.

cazoraz Guest

OMG I LOVE the Chicken & bacon Ranch it is my all time favourite! I get it on the Italian Herb footlong (yes, I said footlong) and have it toasted its sooooooo good!

I ate is throughout my last pregnancy and am still addicted now. Just get it toasted to make sure its ok but I never had a problem.

xxxCaz

Tanya, thats something I was wondering about. I'm sure the meats are fine because they heat it for you, but what about the salads sitting in the display thing all day. Do they get a bit furry or go bad or anything? I love subway, but worried about the freshness as I've been told to avoid those prepackaged salads.

(I'm hungry and in a house with no food and theres a Subway next door, but I'm worried about the salad bits!)

I was hanging for subway when pg.. but was too scared to have it. They only heat the chicken etc really quickly, so I doubt it kills any bugs. Of course I stayed away from deli meats, and the salads out on display made me nervous.

I was scared of Listeria after I read that you don't necessarily get sick with it, and it can take a few months before you realise you have it. I didn't want to risk it, if it could affect bubs when I didnt' even realise I had it.

So subway went down on my list of "things to eat when baby's born!" LOL. Together with McDonalds thickshake, pizza, and soft cheese & crackers! mmmmm. I'm making the most of all these things before we ttc #2! hehe.

Karina i had subway when pg with Alex and it was one thing that i loved to eat while pg. I never had a probelm with it.
    When it comes to the salad stuff i think they have such a quick turn over think how many ppl buy subway everyday. So i think it is fresher than you think.

I've also had it a couple of times with this pregnancy but have now gone off eating it.
    Pizza is another thing i will eat while pregnant home made or even take away.

No im avoiding it as the meats sit out in their display all day and a pre-cooked. Who knows how many times theyve been heated prior.

Ok , now im going to make myself sound like a bad mum..
    BUT - I ate whatever I felt like during the pregnancy , I didnt bother to look at the list of do's and dont's. The only thing I did avoid was undercooked eggs , but I never really liked them anyways.
    I come from Poland. Over there they dont give you lists of things you should avoid, apart from the obvious culprits (ie: alcohol and cigarettes) and thousands of babies are born healthy.
    Bear in my mind , this is just my own opiniong but Aneta was born healthy , is healthy , and my cravings were always satisfied

When I was pg with Kat, I craved chicken subs with ranch dressing SOOOOOO bad. I had it practically every second day during the second half of my pgcy. I could not get enough of it!!! Funny thing is, my mother bought me on when I was in hosp after having Kat and I didn't want even a bite of it. And to tell the truth, haven't really wanted it since either so was def a pgcy craving. I found it totally safe!!! Never even thought about it because they have to heat the chicken to the right temp before they put it in the roll for you etc. I never had a problem with it. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast