Thread: is subway ok?

Default is subway ok?

does anyone know if it is ok to have subway while PG?
    I always get a hot meat option and get it toasted???

I dont see why not... I was bad and ate sushee( sp?) while PG with DD1 did her no harm...

I personally wouldn't have anything that had any deli meats or reheated or cold chicken. I also wouldn't have anything that has any of their creamy dressings in it. If you look at my ticker I have a bad history so I don't take any risks and am probably a little paranoid about food, so I don't know if I'm the best person to give advice.

I recall a thread on this ages ago. I think the general concensus was that no, it's not really ok because none of the salad or meat is actually fresh, so there is a listeria risk. Toasted would certainly be better, but probably wouldn't heat it enough to make it ok. Sorry to be a bummer!

i had subway yesterday and now i'm really paranoid about it. Last night i had a massive migraine which of course i couldn't really take anything for so now i'm really worried about it.

It is possible to be tested for listeria?

Don't worry about it snowchickie. The chances of getting listeria aren't that high, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I'd just avoid it from now on.

~Belinda~ Guest

I ate it but not in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. There is so much emphasis these days on what to eat/what not to eat. Although I didn't have it all the time, I had it rarely and the meat was really hot.

Hmm. toasted would only be good for the bits you roast (ie: not salad). At least Subway is a popular choice and the turnover of salads would be fairly quick. Though I guess they chop it all at the start of the day? So Subway breakfast would be the safest time of day (how unappealing is that thought!).

~Belinda~ Guest

Oh I feel like Subway now, lol

I ate it heaps through my pregnancy. We had a subway just outside our office and I could smell it all day long so I just had to eat it! I got the hot meat options too. I'd go in and have a look around and if it looked a bit dodgy, I'd go somewhere else, but if it looked ok then I ordered. The subway I went to was relatively busy (busy business district) so they were frequently bringing out new stuff from the back.