Thread: Suddenly hairy......everywhere!!!

FruFru Guest

Default Suddenly hairy......everywhere!!!

Hi

I am just new to this forum......so hello everyone

This is my first pregnancy and i am almost 16 weeks and have noticed that literally overnight i have become very hairy and i dont like it. Im losing a lot of hair from my head and im sure its growing back on my belly and arms.

Im not feeling very feminine at the moment. Does anyone know if i can use creme bleach for the body whilst pregnant??

I'm not sure about treatment for this but I can completely sympathise with you on this one!!! First time around I hated being naked around DH as I felt more masculine than him LOL!!! (he's got the rove mcmanus face - patchy growth ) Particularly my belly - and dark hairs....ugh!!! Thankfully, it all calmed down after a few weeks post birth and went completely back to normal "phew"!

Maybe someone can help you with a stop gap treatment but am sending you hugs!!

OMG!
    thank goodness im not the only one...as i progressed i found that my stomach(of all places) got kind of fuzzy and started to grow too much hair for my liking.
    mine arent dark so i can smooth(eew)it down but my DH cant help chuckling when its turns into a golden halo in the sunsorry tmi
    i wouldnt recommend using bleach as the chemicals put me off...but im not a proffesional or anything thats just my thoughts.
    good luck,
    caz.

ahhh me too!!!! deffinately sympathise with this one... u know what i heard though i heard if u treat it now u might end up with it forever where as if u leave it it falls out after birth i'm not sure but i am not game to risk it!!!

Sorry no sympathy from me. I'm a permanently hairy yeti woman. Welcome to my life!! LOL

Go team hair! I noticed even waxing and epilating didn't work longer than 3 days whilst pg (usual 5-7) and my cleavage is still furry! /it was easier to pull out though, small consolation!

ETA - just checked, black belly hairs are now light again so not as noticabl4.

Mine disappeared after Brodie was born - I felt like a gorilla - quick quiz of all the "hairy" women in here who've had their babies how many were boys??

Old Wives tale indicates that hairy body - in particular belly = boy....was the case with me - apparently something to do with the male hormones that aren't normally present...

Nope! My hairy being = a girl!! Even though I seemed to line up with all the other wives tales that told people that I surely must be having a boy (how I was carrying etc etc) Oddly enough, am carrying the same but no dark hairs........yet!!!

I am quite a hairy person naturally but when i am pregnant i turn into a gorilla! The changes are mostly on my stomach and around my belly button. I feel quite embarrassed when the Dr and MW want to touch my tummy.

I got it waxed when i was pregnant with Briley but have'nt gone and got it done yet. Soon though cause its just getting rediculously long!!

CatherineL Guest

I have the same problem with the dark hairy tummy... My Doctor told me that it was safe to use the bleach, and it's not left on for a very long period of time. Expecting a girl btw.

hey girls, i got quite hairy during preg... and i had a girl... Bleech isnt recommended during pregnancy nor is 'Nair' type products... but i was pretty fussy about what not to do so may be stricter than others... i got hairy tummy and hair under my chin.... about a month ago (3 months after Eden was born) i literally sat there watching telly and the fine dark hairs pulled out, not tweezing or anything just fell out. They havent returned, thank god... so if u can stick with it most of this gorilla business is hormones...
    Good luck ladies, i know i felt very unattractive at times because of this but knowing ur bubby is well from all the hormones is great.

hairy beast am i.

my tummy is reminiscent of a farmyard animal. i told dh i'm having a baby that will probably come out as hairy as the cat...

I have them on my tummy too, and the hairs on my arms an legs have gotten thicker not darker thank goodness!