thread: Swine Flu Vaccination - Are you going to have it done come Sept 30?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    Gippsland Vic
    1,686

    Hi I like you really fear contracting swine flu but am very undecided if having the shot is a good idea I just heard today that they are predicting a big increase over summer??? Why?? I had hoped that I would be safer over the summer period!!! i think the story on fathers day really made me consider all the pros and cons, but still am not sure, I was hoping some info might come available from America where they have already started to give it to pregnant women I believe, maybe worth googling?

  2. #2
    ♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

    Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    8,982

    I wouldn't have it, or opt for it for anyone in this family.
    Kelly xx

    Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    in the garden
    3,767

    Nobody in this family either, for all the same reasons...
    I was quite anxious about swine flu, but I would be even more anxious about a vaccine that has been rushed through ...

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jun 2007
    ...not far enough away :)
    1,413

    oooh yeah if I'm not getting it myself there is no way I would give it to my precious 2.5yr old.

  5. #5
    ♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

    Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    8,982

    I feel the same way about gardasil, but find it curious that so many had that one yet there is more resistance to the swine flu vaccine, maybe because it's supposed to prevent cancer (which isnt guaranteed, they have found HPV in young children hence the theory on it only passed on sexually isn't accurate).
    Kelly xx

    Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jul 2009
    Riding it out...
    4,959

    I feel the same way about gardasil, but find it curious that so many had that one yet there is more resistance to the swine flu vaccine, maybe because it's supposed to prevent cancer (which isnt guaranteed, they have found HPV in young children hence the theory on it only passed on sexually isn't accurate).
    I completely agree HPV can be passed on from mum to bub so many girls getting the vaccine already have it!
    And the more you hear about bad reactions to Garasil the more it gets worrying. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with the Swine flu vax!!

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Melbourne
    533

    I'm with you on both vaccines BellyBelly. I have heard obstetricians and gynae's discussing the gardasil vaccine and they're disgusted that it's being touted as a cure for cervical cancer when there is no solid evidence that HPV CAUSES cancer or that not having it prevents cancer. It's apparently been associated with less than half the cases of cervical cancer studied. Not a strong case if you ask me!

    As for swine flu, I know a woman who got it and passed away around 9 months pregnant. Thankfully the baby survived but such a tragedy. I'm not convinced at all that the vaccine could have saved her.

    My sister has recently started studying nursing and she tells me that what she is learning about vaccines has completely changed her opinion of them and she is wishing none of her children had been given them as babies.