oooh yeah if I'm not getting it myself there is no way I would give it to my precious 2.5yr old.
oooh yeah if I'm not getting it myself there is no way I would give it to my precious 2.5yr old.
I feel the same way about gardasil, but find it curious that so many had that one yet there is more resistance to the swine flu vaccine, maybe because it's supposed to prevent cancer (which isnt guaranteed, they have found HPV in young children hence the theory on it only passed on sexually isn't accurate).
Kelly xx
Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team
I'm with you on both vaccines BellyBelly. I have heard obstetricians and gynae's discussing the gardasil vaccine and they're disgusted that it's being touted as a cure for cervical cancer when there is no solid evidence that HPV CAUSES cancer or that not having it prevents cancer. It's apparently been associated with less than half the cases of cervical cancer studied. Not a strong case if you ask me!
As for swine flu, I know a woman who got it and passed away around 9 months pregnant. Thankfully the baby survived but such a tragedy. I'm not convinced at all that the vaccine could have saved her.
My sister has recently started studying nursing and she tells me that what she is learning about vaccines has completely changed her opinion of them and she is wishing none of her children had been given them as babies.
Wow I'm glad things are finally changing when it comes to medical training I had a dead end argument with a registered nurse not long ago, dead end because she was medically trained and I'm not so she knew better when it came to immunisation. Maybe she should do a refresher course it has been years since her training.
Well I've had sswine flu and so have 2 of my kids - if not there is no way on this green grass I would be injecting my kids with it!
As for gardasil it freaks me out how ready folk are to front up for something so new and unknown...
My DD hasn't had it. I have no cervix so not necessary for me!![]()
I wouldn't get it. (But then I haven't had any immunisations, so why start now)
I actually had swine flu a few weeks ago and then my boss caught it after me, yes it sucks but it wasn't THAT bad, no so bad that I would support any of my family being given an unknown vaccine.
I think instead of the vaccine your better off washing you hands often and steering clear of large crowds where you might contract it. (like eating in a food Court at a shopping centre)
In my opinion most people wont catch swine flu, but having the vaccine will definitely expose an unborn bubba to it.
I think I've been suffering a strain of it for the last 5 weeks now, so I'm not bothering. Might consider it for my asthmatic DD1, but probably not. Its really no different to any other flu, & I think its pretty much done the rounds![]()
Bookmarks