Thread: Is there a difference?

Thumbs down Is there a difference?

Im soooooooooooooooo over having headaches, Panadol does not work. I got to the point the other day i took Nurofen just so i could rest (and yes i know it should not be taken but at least it worked for a short time).

I have been taking Panadeine and its not working.... soo the next thing im going to see if my GP will let me have is Panadeine Forte..

Is there a difference?

If not, what else is there i can take?

Ive tried warm packs on my neck/shoulders, increased fluid and food, try to sleep as much as possible, warm showers, And its getting worse!

I got the worst headaches when I was PG. Sometimes I could hear my pulse thumping in my ears.

Don't know if you can take anything stronger than panadol. Make sure you stay properly hydrated and keep up your blood sugar by eating lots of little snacks.

Have u had ur blood pressure checked latley?

i was going to also suggest getting your blood pressure checked, i think you can have it done at the chemist
    i too had the ear thumping thing, and still do!

I have taken panadine ( ot does not contain codine) it's just a stronger version on apandol as far as i know, i rang my obs, cause i was in so much pain and normally take nurofen or just straignt brufen or panadine forte.

It worked a charm for me

HTH, i know how you feel

I have a dr appoitment tmrw, made him fit me in!! I know wen i was pg with Chels near the end BP shot up, but didnt have headaches... but will get it checked. It feels liek my heart beat is gunna jump out of my head atm!!!

Thanks ladies

I took panadeine - and it does contain codeine, but not as much as panadeine forte, which is prescription anyway.

I found the only relief I got was a cold flannel draped over my eyes and nose (had to sleep like that!) coz it was my sinuses, and I couldn't use any normal hayfever stuff, or take nurofen.

Hope you get some relief soon!

Princess
    Panadeine contains 8 mg of codeine

Kimbaz
    You can take panadeine forte which contain 16 mg of codeine, but you need a script for them

I ended up having to take quite a lot of panadene forte in first tri and early second tri. I was suffering from very bad migraines that were lasting 4 days at a time and throwing up alot. Doctor siad it was fine, but obviously I took as little as possible, but it was still around every 2nd day.

They did and do calm down, it seems to be a hormonal thing for some women. I suffered migraines every since I have menstruated for the whole week of my period and for some reason the hormones do this in early pregnancy for me.

Its supposed to be much safer than nurofen or other AIs.

I hope they settle for you soon Kim

Hey you could try massage. If your locked up in your shoulders and neck it can cause nasty headaches. We find alot of people come into work and find lots of relief for headaches from massages.

I was going to suggest some alternatives. I like the suggestion of a massage, maybe even some Chiro.

LOL Fletch, today I was there just to see if I needed to go for day stay and it came back with 160/120!! I went to day stay anyway, but was amused as the pharmasist kept saying how accurate their machines were and that 'all doctors were converting to them'.

I was remembering your nasty high reading on one once. At the clinic, it was a rather much nicer 140/100.

Isiss Guest

You could look into acupuncture aswell. It always helped me with my migraines.

kim, panadiene forte contains 30mg codiene whereas panadiene contains 8mg. you do need a script but watch out for constipation. massage sounds good as well as getting bp checked. are you keeping up adequate fluid intake? nurofen is definitely a no go zone in 3rd trimester but still not recommended throughout pregnancy, i'd check with your pharmacist before taking it again, jic. hope you feel better soon. we really must catch up soon?

My dr gave me some Forte after much begging and dirty stares off DH....i think by the end he finally realised just how much pain im in and gave me a script.

Rachel- We will have to catch up soon!!!!!!

Definitely! Have to introduce you to little Grace (not that she is that little anymore at 5.3kgs!). Can you believe it has been 2 months since she was born?! I won't recognise Chelsea anymore either! Hope your headaches improve you poor thing.