Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those of you who had big babies...

Danni,
    The only reason Eliza was big was GD she was 8'8 at 36 weeks. I put on 4 kilos for the whole pregnancy BUT look forward to going home because you will loose it all in the first few days
    Bec

pholmes Guest

HI,

I dont know about it being just as easy to give birth to a big baby. My last son was 4.3kg and my other two were 3.1 and 2.9kg and I noticed a huge difference between my second son (VBAC) and the third. Liam did not just slip out after his head was out, his shoulders were stcuk and it seemed like an eternity before I was able to push him out, he had to be resuscitated as there had been cord compression and he wasnt breathing. I did however put on a heap of weight, about 25kg and not all of it was baby. Having said that I didnt get good support from the midwife during labour as she had 3 other women in labour to look after at the same time and I am sure this made a difference as even my labour (before pushing) was awful. I dont think you can tell about the size of a baby accurately until its born.

I put on 21 kilos with my first pregnancy and he was 9lb when he was born.

I just recently had my second son (19th Jan) and he weighed 10lb 6oz. I put on around 15 kilos this time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12