Thread: Thrush...

Default Thrush...

I dont know if I have it, and looked for a past thread but looked back 6 pages and didnt find anything, I'm sure this has been done a million times LOL

But is there anything you can do during pregnancy to either prevent it? Or treat it?

Enchanted Guest

I am pretty sure there is nothing you can do to prevent it but to treat it I am pretty sure you can only use a cream to treat it. I had it in the first 12 weeks and was told I could only use a cream.

Yes, Oshani is correct - they will only let you use the creams during pregnancy. No oral treatments allowed (damn, convenience would have been nice).
    I just used a three-day canesten treatment & it cleared it up fine - the pharmacist told me you have to have had it prescribed at least once before, even though it's an over the counter med - but don't quote me on those details because it confused me.

Hope you don't mind me popping a question in to... How late in pregnancy is it ok to treat it? I've been unsure of whether to leave it or pick up some more... i know bubs can get it through the birth canal if you have it during labour - but can it cause any harm to them at this stage? iykwim?

I used a canesten 1 dose treatment & it cleared it up overnight. You can get it from a pharmacy without prescription, from behind the counter, cost about $15 - $20.

I started having bad thrush about 6 weeks ago and was continually treating it with a topical cream. That helped a bit with the pain and itching. But you know, I quit wearing knickers except when I go out in public in short skirts and haven't had a bit of problem with it since. And a little less washing to do.. hehe.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You can take fast-tract, it's a mega and organic pro-biotic....

You can read about thrush and pregnancy here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...rone-to-thrush
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I remember having it last pregnancy and I phoned around all my local pharmacies & health food stores asking for fast-tract, but I couldnt get it anywhere... So I ended up with Inner Health Plus.

They actually told me not to buy cream but to open one of the IHP capsules and smear it around the downstairs area - weird hey?

After accessing the situation today, I'm sure its not thrush.

I was also gonna say probiotic supplement. You can also add some garlic to your diet. Glad to hear its not thrush GL with the rest of your pregnancy

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Inner health isnt that good... Fast Tract creams all over it and you can buy it here. But glad it isn't thrush - hope it sorts out soon!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks for that link... I've saved it to favourites incase I need it!!