Thread: is this true what i got told.....

Question is this true what i got told.....

SO i got told that my bleeding i experienced a week ago (keep in mind this wasnt from a dr, but a midwife in training) that it meant my mucus plug hasnt developed properly

Anyone heard of this??? i only bled for 1 day and then stopped nothing more since

however i seen my midwife yesturday she couldnt find bubs HB on a doppler & she also mentioned to me that i should have mucus everyday from now on or it could mean problems

should i be worried???

Not sure about this but go and get for an u/s.
    She should have sent you for one straight away to clear things up. Now you are left guessing which I think is very unprofessional.

Its probably too early to hear the HB on the doppler yet, its normally about 16 weeks that it is easy to find. As for the mucus plug not forming haven't heard that one before but I had bleeding all the way through with DD1 and halfway through with DD2. No cause was ever found just seemed to be one of those things. I lost my mucus plug with dd2 around 34 weeks. Not sure with dd1.

blackrose- may iask u if u still dtd then??? as i dtd the night before i started bleeding along with standing in the toy sale layby line up for 3hrs the day before wondering if the stress caused it

im very scared ive only dtd once since bleeding and i made him do it spooning but would really like to enjoy it more, should i be worried at all???

It could have been the standing up, one of the worst cases of bleeding I had was using a trolley and then bending to lift out all the shopping. We still DTD during all my pg, just not for a few days after spotting.

I too haven't heard of the mucus plug not forming properly but i DTD at 11 weeks and i had a bleed afterwards. My doctor said we must have knocked my cervix so what shes said could very well be right...

Maybe not DTD for about a week or so and see if the bleeding continues and then try again if it happens that could be happening otherwise i would get another opinion..

GL

ok, how far along were u??

i was only 12wks 5 days when i started bleeding it was quite hard standing for so long pushing the heavy trolly around the shop to collect everything and then to have to wait and push it around the isle for layby and then dtding that night i think it was alot of stress on my body
    as i mentioned i only bled last friday for that one day wasnt heavy enough to go onto a pad and when i woke up and noticed ive been bleeding there wasnt even any on my undies at all so it wasnt a heavy flow

im just worried that something is wrong, i had a MC before i had my son and as soon as i started bleeding it meant i was MC, with my son u never experienced anything at all and i know they say each pg is different (which it has been so far) but just really worried as the Dr did say it could be the beginning of a potential MC but if thats the case should i have bled more already???

sorry for so many Q's!!

1stTimeMumma- i only bled for that one day and i really wouldnt even call it bleeding, i woke up with a fair bit but from the first time i went to the toilet, from then on in it had stopped i only knew i had it when i went to the toilet and wiped so its like i only had one big outspurt of blood and nothing more Sorry TMI!

so i dont know if it really could have been my mucus plus not formed properly cause i have had a decent amount of mucus from the time i found out i was pg which means ur mucus plug is forming

Manda, try not to worry. A small bleed like you mentioned is very common. And it's not unusual to not find the HB with a doppler at 13 weeks either hun. If you're worried ask your GP for a referral to get an ultrasound done.

thankyou Mamaspice, but my general GP has gone on holidays for a month and he won't just send me for an US for "peace of mind" if u know what i mean i live in the country and i wasnt even allowed a 12wk US the only way i got one was because i bled otherwise i wouldnt have had a scan until 18-20wks ive somehow go to get a referral for my 18-20wk scan with him being on holidays!! (and i got told the Dr taking his place right now isnt doing obstetrics ) im just gonna try and be sneaky and book an appointment and once i get in to see him then ask for the referral (any dr can refer u)

Hi Mummy To Zak

Bleeding after DTD is very common. It happens because the new blood vessels that are forming in your vagina are very delicate and easily damaged. If damaged they bleed, providing that this bleeding does not last long and is very very light it is not a problem. I have never heard of a mucous plug not forming but as your bleeding was from your vagina this would not have any effect on it.

It can be very difficult to find a heartbeat at 13 weeks, This midwife should have warned you that she may not be able to find it.

thankyou Alan, u have eased my mind alot

much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaSpice View Post
    Manda, try not to worry. A small bleed like you mentioned is very common. And it's not unusual to not find the HB with a doppler at 13 weeks either hun. If you're worried ask your GP for a referral to get an ultrasound done.
    Im so sorry you are still stressed. There really is nothing any of us can say. I think that the mucos plug and start of a MC comments are dumb! You did stress your body out that day and it gave you are warning. You are now resting more and thats all you can do. It really isnt weird that they couldnt get a HB, its too early. If she had been worried she would have sent you for a scan. Wait til next week!

thanks Tegam!!

i think im just having down days but hoping ill start picking up soon as of monday/tuesday!

As Alan says, bleeding after sex is common, and not finding the heartbeat at this stage is also common. I am actually quite angry your midwife did not make this clear . I hope you have some reassurance now and can relax and enjoy your pregnancy. It might not be very long before you feel some flutters and I'm sure they will make you feel so much better.

trav
    xx

thankyou Traveller

she did mention it could be hiding under my pubic bone and she won't pick it up if thats the case

i see her again on tuesday and she said she will try and find it again

i have reassureance thankyou and i can't wait to start feeling it move

Default is this true what i got told.....

It also depends on where your placenta is too, mine is on the front wall which made it harder to find too. Good luck in Tuesday.

I didn't have bleeding, but I also didn't have mucus every day. I have more mucus some days now than I did while pg!

Some midwives had trouble with Liebling's heartbeat at 30-odd weeks. He just didn't like the dopplers so kept moving. It worried one of them a bit, as the heartbeat kept vanishing then reappearing, but given I could see a baby running around my belly at that point I didn't stress.

IME, midwives aren't really all that helpful and I don't intend to see any midwife outsie a social situation ever again (and only cos she's in my book club).