Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultrasound been wrong about sex of baby?

Default Ultrasound been wrong about sex of baby?

I was just wondering if the u/s technician has ever got it wrong with you or anyone you know?

I know that they can sometimes think it's a girl and then it is really a boy.

But has anyone had or know of it been the other way around where they have been told it's a boy and it's a girl?

Just thought that it would be an interesting topic.

hugs xoxo

yep - afriend of mine was told it was a boy and it came out PINK!

Yep I was told Rylee would be a boy then at a later scan was told she was a girl....

Yep, a friend of ours was told they were having a girl... bought all girl stuff and found out 2 weeks before that it was in fact a boy and had to go and buy all new stuff!!! This was only 18 months ago too so not a long time.

I've also heard of someone being told the same... but guess I wondered a) when they'd had their scan, and b) had they seen the doodle themselves? Or were they just told it was a boy without seeing any evidence.

Mind you, this is after conversation with someone who told me this... went back through my DVD with a fine-tooth comb!!

This is EXACTLY why i'm not too sure I want to find out the baby's gender!!! Fear of being told the wrong thing!!!

my cousin was told girl and had a boy. I have heard of this as a pretty "regular" occurence (when I mean regular I mean more likely) - than the other way round ie told boy and actually girl so interesting to hear Kitten and boo Boos response. I'm guessing you are probably a bit like me Amanda and wondering "maybe they got it wrong this time"???

Amanda, there is a gorgeous woman on here who was preparing for one and got the other. It is possible it was inaccurate, especially if they didn't have a clear shot or if they were only 60% certain etc. I only ever found out with my last pg what the gender was and I kept watching the video over and over again to double check LOL - I was worried he got it wrong.

uh oh, a bit of a worry seeing how many people are told boy to have a girl.... hmmmm

I'm having my 4D scan on Saturday so I'm thinking we should be able to tell 100% by then (I'll be 30 weeks) Oooooh I hope so... I've got rid of most of DD's "pink" stuff LOL

Yes me lol

I was told i was having a girl and i got a boy.....lol ah well nothing can be 100% all of the time

I was told at 19wks + some days that it "looked like boy parts", but what she was pointing out showed me no evidence of definitive "boy parts" ... and I have since seen other ultrasound pics of both genders in the galleries here ... well not long before we find out if the tech was right or not!

They got it right for me.

My mum was told she was having a girl right up till my brother was born....
    Poor old mum had to send back alllll the PINK flowers people had sent to the hospital before my brother was born... As mum was induced (this was 23 yr ago) everyone sent PINK everything flowers teddys toys etc to mums room and when she got back after having my brother she had to ring everyone to tell them infact she was a he and sent everything back and got BLUE things

My neighbour was told at 8 different scans she was having a boy. She only found out she'd had a girl when her partner suddenly announced "this one's got a money box".

On the other side of things I got told by my sonographer that they once had a patient who had an amnio done but didn't want to know the sex. On the amnio paperwork it said girl but very clearly in the later scan boy parts were on display. The sonographer was in shock and was very glad the patient didn't want to know what sex bubs was.The scan place had to chase up with the lab that did the amnio results and when it was checked it was found to be a typo - the actual results said boy - just the report didn't. A boy was of course born.

If I hadn't had an amnio (and had the sex confirmed as male at every scan I've had since) I would not be out buying blue, I'd be going nuetral all the way and leave the colored stuff up to friends & relos once bubs is born.

I had a friend whose scan did not show TWINS!!!!!

She got an awful fright 30mins after her girl was born, cos a boy came out too! It was her first preg and she did tell the docs it felt like there were arms and legs all over the place.....

It's one thing to confuse the sex, but to miss a whole baby & an extra heart beat?? I'm suprised she didn't have a heart attack!!

With DD1 they didn't know coz she had her legs in the way. I knew she was a girl though. Gut feeling.
    With DD2 I wanted a boy so bad that I convinced myself that I had that gut feeling again. The scan showed a girl, but for the next 4 1/2 months I was hoping they got it wrong. Even though I knew they didn't.
    With DS I don't know what I would've done if they said girl again. Thankfully they didn't. I was scared to believe them coz I wanted it so bad, but at the next one they showed me. They pointed his boy bits out to me. It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen!! Still is.
    Sounds wierd I know, but I really only wanted a girl then a boy. In that order. I was really hung up on it. I dunno why. Some people have that problem.

No there is no doubt in my mind that this little one is a boy, I just thought that it would make an interestig topic to talk about, I know that they can get the girl confused with been a boy, but I didn't think that it would be possible to mistake a boy and then come out as a girl, but obviously it does happen.

Lulu wow at them totally missing the second bubba, I bet your friend was really shocked.

hugs xoxo

With Iz - they said 70% girl and they were right, and this time around, the scan shows a noodle quite clearly so I'm pretty sure it will be ok!! Pics are in my gallery. I trust my sonographer too - he has a brilliant reputation in Melbourne, and when we asked if he was sure, he went on to joke about if it comes out a girl I can bring her back and trade her in for a boy - he has a room with babies in it that he got the sex wrong on! Ok weird wicked sense of humour but that made me giggle and trust him!! Having said that Im sure if this bub comes out with a "money box"(OMG never heard that before - what a thing to say!!) then I'm we will get over it very quickly!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast