Thread: Ultrasound comments

Default Ultrasound comments

Just talking to my sister who just has her 20 week ultrasound done.
    She didn't want to find out the sex but just before they asked her if they did apparently the women doing it said to another nurse "there's the vagina" Liz just assumed they were talking about her vagina. So now I am trying to convince to ring and ask what she was refering too as I can't see how they would see the mothers vagina during the ultrasound. Why would they say something like that before asking if the parents what to know the sex??

What are your thoughts on this? I want to ring up & say I am her so i can find out HEHEHE

hehe sneaky sneaky...

I would only presume they would be talking about the baby because you wouldn't be able to see the mother's vagina through the u/s, would you? I could understand ovaries etc, but not vagina....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well I think she was referring to the baby's vagina too. What a fluff she made. Maybe she shouldn't and just keep thinking she was referring to her own vagina seeing as she didn't want to find out the sex of the baby.

Definately an odd thing to say, and no, you can't see the mothers vagina during an u/s. If they did mention the sex of the baby, how arrogant to just blurt it out like that!

So do you think you will ring? Is your sister very upset about it?

Fiona,
    When I was pg with Emily, I rang after my 18w u/s because the sonographer referred to the baby as 'he'. So I wanted to make sure he was just saying it out of habbit.

Not sure what they would be talking about, because I can't see why they would point out the vagina! I know the uterus can sometimes be quite clear. I would have to ring them to make things completely clear!

Tanya

No she didn't seem upset. She would ind out if her DP wanted to know but he doesn't want to find out. I just sent her a text saying I will reing & promis not to tell her LOL. some reason I don't think she will agree to me calling LOL.

Lorin Guest

Cool

That was a horrible thing to do to her. Obviousely maybe the other nurse was a learner and she was explaining but, still thats not right to have said that and of course they would have been talking about the babies vagina so i would of course ring them and ask them why it was said when you didnt want to know.

Lorin Guest

I am going for my 18 week scan in about 45 mins and i hope they dnt do that to me. Some times they are just not careful enough, its a huge thing if you want it as a secret and for some one to spoil it on you like that is very rude. Anyway I hope you it all goes well

Well i had a reply on an email list I am on from a sonographer who said she would have been talkin gabout mother as you can see & do look at the vagina when checkin gthings out. Apparently its part of the assement on the cervix. So thats good to hear.
    I know with my first the lady kept saying "him/he" and as it turned out it was a boy (we wanted to know) but she ater said that they refer to baby as him/he so there is a difference between mum & bub ( she & he) but still! I would ahve left thinking boy if we didn't want to know..

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hmmmm, will be interesting to see when she has the baby what it is. Maybe they just said what they said to cover their tracks

We'll have to wait till september to find out....
    Our mum is going to see a phsyic ana week or so, so maybe we'll find out then! LOL

I had a trainee Sonographer in once when I had an U/S & they explained to me prior that if they discussed specific details like that, that it would be them pointing out my bits!!! So the trainee could see the difference in me & bubs as such...