Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very emotional?

Default Very emotional?

Throughout this pregnancy I have been really emotional. I can cry so easily. I burst out in tears at work today because I felt sick and was just generally over it. I cry because I get told off for something etc

Is this normal? Or am I just a sook?

Last edited by Ahurani; September 20th, 2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: bad spelling

It's normal, hun or i'm a sook too lol.

At least you didn't have a huge tantrum in coles and start crying lol that was me! Well the checkout chick shouldn't have argued with me. I yelled out I just wanna go home, poor DH was so embarrassed

This is me all over. Can't remember why I cried last, but I'm sure it seemed like a good reason at the time I find it gets better in second trimester and then worse again in the third!!

It's not just you! I've settled down a little now, but I've been so moody and emotional. When I was in QLD on holidays, I cried at all the theme parks and actually threw a tanty (stomping the ground and throwing my fists LOL) at movie world because I couldn't go on the superman ride PMSL!

Sure to onlookers we may be sooks, but it certainly made me feel better LMAO!

Your hormones are pretty funky hence the extra emotions - I cried at the Woolies help desk over being unable to find pesto one day during my pregnancy. I swear they now refer to me as the crying pesto lady.......

All normal. I still cry easily now. Probably being more tired and a heck of alot of things strike more of a chord with me now I'm a mum.

I think it's mostly normal. I cry alot too. most pg women do at some stage or another!!
    My hormones go ab****ely insane when I'm pg tho and for me, I think it goes a bit beyond the normal pg hormonal-ness and is the begining of ante natal depression. If you have any other symptoms, like irritability, sleeplessness, or sleeping alot, indecisive....(here's a link to an article on the main BB site Ante-Natal Depression - Depression During Pregnancy ) it would probably be a great idea to talk to your OB/GP or midwife.

A horse got put down at the Melbourne Cup when I was pregnant with DD1 - I cried for a week. Getting overly emotional seems to be pretty common.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Me too Kobes. I go from happy to sad to ssoooo Mad lol
    maybe a cheeseburger factory? lol

I was a bubbling mess when I was pregnant and couldn't watch the news.

I'm sorry to say that it's continued!!!

Sue x

Adverts on the tv make me cry, people in parking lots and shopping centres make me want to commit murder and any story about children make me blubber. I'm a little all over the place, thankfully I married a patient man...

I can't wait to feel a little more balanced.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

its normal hun.....when i was pregnant with DD we lived in a unit at a sort of holiday complex, there we heaps of palm trees around and i loved how the palm trees framed the balconies. one day they were painting the units and had to cut the palm fronds so they werent touching the buildings so they could paint.....i sobbed for hours, uncontrolably, because the trees had been cut.....funny....wierd.....normalish?
    hugs

I'm always more emotional when I'm PG, and when I was PG with the girls, throw in horrific mood swings... poor DH was counting the days until she was born.
    It did get better, each time

Same. Cry, laugh, cry, mad, cry.
    Damn hormones!

yep! absolute emotional whale lol

I cry at the silliest things... like if im watching tv and someone is crying then i will cry too lol.
    Also if im home alone all day without having spoken to anyone ill get all emotional and sad .... cant wait to get back to my tough skin lol

Yep, me too! I have cried because my toast was too brown (silly!) but mainly now cry when looking at baby clothes. Makes for some very embarrassing shopping trips. Just have to look at size 0000 and I get teary, actually thinking about it now off I go again.......

im 17 weeks and im starting to think i am depressed.
    my partner, who has been an angel all along, told me he can;t be bothered any more making allowances for my 'hormonal mood swings"'.... were not living together so were just going to spend some time apart for a while. that might sound really harsh to you guys but I have been a complete psycho ***** and i cant even stand my own company!

ohh melodramatic me.. heres hoping it passes soon :-) chin up...

Omg me too!!
    If I see someone on tv cry, I cry.
    If I see or hear of animals getting hurt, I cry
    If my husband even slightly raises his voice at me or gets angry at me, I cry
    If i am doing pretty much anything, I cry!
    Lol, I wouldn't be worried... Unless it's getting quite serious and you are not wanting to get out of bed at all, or you feel down ALL the time... Then I would suggest talking to your MW.

If it is depression it's usually the dark feelin you just can't shake no matter what you do.

Xx

With my first i had to ban myself from watching tv full stop, i was a mess at every show and AD hehe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast