Thread: Watery Discharge - Alan???

Question Watery Discharge - Alan???

Hello!

I have just reached the third trimester and have since had a major increase in water vaginal discharge. I went to the hospital the other day because i was concerned that i might have had a leak in my water as the leaking would only occur after i had been laying down for half an hour or longer. But when there the Dr did a spec and cervix was closed and there was no pooling of fluid. I am still noticing a fair amount coming out though.

Has anyone else noticed this??? Or Alan, Is this normal??? The Dr did'nt say wether it was normal or not to have an increase in watery discharge at this time and I did'nt ask!! Silly me!

Advice and comments appreciated!

Cheers!

Sara, it is completely normal to have an increase in vaginal CM as the pg goes on, and yes, sometimes it can be quite watery. I tend to have to wear panty liners towards the end of my pg's, but I know of many others that wear them much sooner and have more of it. There was a thread about it the other day too. I will dig it out for you.

ETA - here it is; http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=36941

Hi there - I had it too a few weeks ago - not a huge amoount but enough for me to worry. I had an internal then too (I think I was 35 weeks?) and everything was fine. It came and went and havent really had it in the last 2 weeks..I think for some people the increase is thicker (sorry) and for others kind of watery... HtH!

It is completely normal Sara. As Sherie says for many women this is just one of those joys of late pregnancy.

Hi Sara - i am getting heaps of it now, and have done for ages. I wear panty liners to stay comfortable.

becky Guest

Hi Sara
    With my previous pregnancy I was the same, I was about 36 weeks, and noticing so much watery discharge, I couldnt sometimes be sure if it was just that, or if I was having trouble controlling my bladder. I sometimes felt that there was so much, I must have wet myself a bit. i went to the hospital and had an exam, and it turned out, I did have a small leaf in my waters, and at 38 weeks, had to be induced to avoid infection. Maybe you should just keep an eye on it, and if it starts getting to be ridiculous amounts, get a second opinion from another dr. All the best!

Yep - I've had it too and have also been wearing panty liners for quite some time!! I was extremely worried at one stage too as mine was very watery at times but all was normal!! I still wonder sometimes if it's my waters leaking but my OB keeps assuring me that it's all ok!!! Just another lovely pg symptom for us!!

Kelly xxx

Hi Sara
    As all the girls have said Yes it is normal

Thanks heaps everyone!!