I'm booked in for a wax on Wednesday - I'm off on holiday with DH and haven't done any "maintenance" work for a while, DH usually does it but he's away with work atm. It's my first professional waxing, long story but I bought an at-home kit last year put the strips on then pleaded with DH to pull them off because I couldn't bring myself to do it. It was messy, uneven and left a rash. A disaster!

Cricket, I used the hair removal cream for the last few summers. I would go for one for sensitive skin, takes a bit longer but gentler on the skin. Usually works best after you've had a shower. I would get DH to apply because it can be awkward and I'm no gymnast. The most uncomfortable part is waiting the half hour or whatever it is for the cream to work because it feels all gooey down there!