thread: Wax, shave or trim your lady bits?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jun 2009
    in the Capital
    1,478

    I did it! Went for my first ever waxing today in a salon. It was (relatively) painless and now I'm nice and neat! I will definitely be going again. Heaps easier than doing it yourself.

  2. #2
    rhyb Guest

    Ha with DS I was in full blown labour in the bath trying to shave my downstairs with my then DP holding a mirror for me so I could see. I refused to go to the hospital until I was done
    This time Im unsure if I even still have a vagina, havent seen it in weeks so I assume its hibernating lol.
    Does anyone know if it matters with a c section?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Add CrazyLady on Facebook

    Aug 2009
    2,328

    good on ya! I'm too chicken to get a wax after a professional's not so professional efforts. not only did she burn me but she missed half of my hair. had huuuuuuuuuge blisters and then she got jacked up because i refused to pay for her botched up job. went into same place a week later to get my hair done by my very reputable hairdresser and she informed me dodgy waxer was fired after doing a repeat performance on a lady's bits. said i was well within my rights not to pay! at least it was only my legs i got done but i had tears in my eyes for other lady!

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Aug 2006
    ex-Melbourne girl in Hong Kong
    308

    I like to give myself a good tidy up with the home hot wax tub and trim up what 's left with some hair clippers but I'm not a fan of the 'all off' look, more a g-sting wax. Last time when I was preggers I did a good, thorough wax at about 39 weeks for my own sake. I used a mirror and went by feel! Even though when you're in labour you couldn't care less about what your bits look like, I felt that if I felt uncomfortable about my hairiness, my self consciousness might affect my concentration and outcomes. Midwives are used to seeing all extremes from 70's bush with 3 inch long hairs to porn star waxings! -What ever you present them with, they'll work with! I think a lot of anxiety comes from the fact that the current fashion seems to be for minimal pubes and women feel judged for being out of fashion.

    I'm thinking of going for a pro-wax this pregnancy when I'm bigger (I'm 21 weeks now) as the extra bloodflow makes the skin extra sensitive and I'm no sadomasochist! The thing that puts me off going to a salon is the thought of being all trussed up like I'm at the gynie with a bright light on my bits and someone staring intently at them!

    I've also heard that if you're waxed (vs shaved or haired) and you have to be extensively stitched up, you have a better outcome so that's my only 'practical' arguement!

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Nov 2005
    Where the heart is
    4,360

    Meh, hairiness schmairiness! DP knows the only reason I do legs and underarms is for HIM...so he can feel guilty about his social imposition on me :P My bikini I do for me - leaving landing strip cos or I feel a bit weird and I don't need that off for what I wax for. I love the feel, love how it feels when in water and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that I get no chafing when horse riding! Them's my practical considerations
    I am disturbed by the denigration of body hair and that young people see it as a necessity. It seems like a dumb fixation and a wholesale recommendation for girls and women to do. But I think the same about skinny jeans (ha! managed to avoid THAT fashion dictate!) and now those new baggy/skinny shorts...no thanks, not just cos everyone else is doing it!
    Anyhow, I guess it's about what is deemed to look sexy when sending vis sms...