Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waxing

Question Waxing

Ok so what is the go with waxing? (omg i have so many questions to ask!)

Am I allowed to get waxed on my legs?

What about my tummy? brazillian?

Danni, I didn't even start getting waxed until I was pg with Paige LOL. Some people say that it can hurt a bit more when pg, but for me it was the same pg and not pg. I had legs, eyebrows and brazillians done while pg, so go for it.

Im most worried about my tummy. I cant just leave it

skyelar Guest

Wax away!!
    I still get it all waxed now, legs, eyebrows, bikini, for me it hurts more but I am just too lazy to shave!

For me, it hurts less. OK, I tend to pluck and epilate, not wax, but although my hair growth has gone wild, I can actually pull out individual hairs (on my arms, for example) with my fingers and it doesn't hurt.

Tummy really kills - however, it's so hairy that if I needed to bare it in public I'd do it!

However, my re-growth seems to be a lot quicker these days (grrr!) so I think I'll have to find somewhere professional soon because I spend far too much time on hair removal that I'm finding it hard to bend over to get it all done!

Ryn - I think you might be having a boy m'dear!

skorpy Guest

Waxing can be dodgy in the tummy area when pregnant.Your skin has stretched therefor is thinner,so it will hurt more and you need to be very careful,I personally wouldnt wax the tummy while pregnant,but everywhere else is fine.
    Last edited by skorpy; August 25th, 2006 at 05:13 PM.

Oh, why not belly? something to do with baby or what?
    I waxed a patch of three inches down and one across from my bellybutton a few months ago and it's still ok......a bit of hair there now but it's better than before...

ok well if i cant wax the strip from my belly button to my bikini line, what other options do I have?

Fire Fly Guest

I actually only started waxing when i fell with #1DD. Only because i couldnt see a damn thing down there and i could hardly reach my feet let alone my legs. Ive been doing it ever since. There was no way i was going into hospital with a forest between my legs, lol. You go girl, you will probably feel heaps better afterwards.
    It stings for a bit but only for a second. No way do i shave now.

Arent the waxers trained, kwim, couldnt you ask them about waxing you tummy?

Waxing is fine!! I found first trimester was fine, second trimester hurt like hell and the third I was fine again... I don't know how to explain that one LOL.

I didn't wax my belly once it got firm and hard because it was just so tight. Instead I used one of those hair removal mousse things... the packaging says nothing about it being unsafe to PG women and I was fine with it. Somebody else may have heard something different though - not sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kar
    Ryn - I think you might be having a boy m'dear!
    Well, normally I can't pluck hairs with my fingers, so if my pain tolerance is up then it's not a boy LOL! DH thinks girl but I know I have waaaaay more testosterone swimming around me at the moment so I'm thinking boy too!

BTW, how long can leg-hair grow? I had a dream that I got it up to 2m in length (ingrowing hair, that was freaky) and right now I'm gorilla girl, more so that usual, so just wanted to check the 1" length I was getting out of my legs this morning was as long as it got. Epilating after my last epilation session on Tuesday, so very quick re-growth!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You mean you HAVEN'T read my waxing article?! hehehehe

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...ring-pregnancy
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks for the laugh Kel! But would you get your tummy waxed say once a month?

skorpy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Fly

Arent the waxers trained, kwim, couldnt you ask them about waxing you tummy?
    Im a Beautician

I personally would not want to wax a pregnant woman. Firstly because of what I previously said,The skin is thinner and it would be more delicate. Not because of the baby,the baby is fine because they are cushioned.But because it could hurt the person itself by making them sore.It is a definate no to wax anyone who has stretch marks because of this same thing.

I'm sure one of the mods had her tummy waxed late in her last pregnancy, now just to remember who it was!

what about early?? ahhhh ok. maybe i should pluck or atleast wait until after 3 months?

Early pregnancy should be fine Danni!

It was with me .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast