Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways to get bub to move?

Question Ways to get bub to move?

I haven't felt bub move very much today.

I think she was active this morning but since my back has been really bad i haven't really taken much notice.

All i know is i havent felt her move in a couple of hours. I am pretty sure she has dropped as the top of my belly is really soft...

I have poked and proded her, moved my belly side to side and nothing..

I think i have drank about 3 litres of water.. i had something really sugary before and still nothing..

I'm trying not to worry. I'm going to have a bath, that usually makes her really active..

Anything else i can try?

I was going to suggest Coke or cold water, but you've done both. Maybe a trip to your doctor, just to double check everythings fine?

Ive not had many movements today either and what i have had have been very very light.

Maybe you should call your CP and just let them know, they will be the best to guide you. thinking of you

I'd get to the doctor to check up on her - she could be on her way soon, but she might not... Gawd, I sound so horrible and jumpy, don't I? I suppose I've heard/read too many stories these past few months...

it can be a little nerve racking when this happens. my bubba did that alot close to her birth, sometimes i could feel little hiccups instead of moving... goodluck with the bath, try and stay calm. And certainly a call to the Dr if you feel unsure, so you can feel reassured.

They can go a little bit quiet before birth, kind of resting up I guess! But you should still be feeling some movements at least a few times a day. If you are concerned hun, ring your hospital/midwives and talk to them. They may want you to come in for monitoring or just tell you to lay down for a while and see if you feel anything. If you're worried though always better to get yourself checked out, I'm sure they won't mind.

Ah, it's stressful when they get all difficult and don't move for you!
    Cold sweet drinks and poking are all I know. I know ther were times that DS went quiet for several hours and I worked myself up into a right mess. then, just as I was dispairing, he'd start up again.
    Maybe call your doc/midwife and get some guidance, just for reassurance at least. Hopefully she'll be kicking up a storm again stoon.

Caffine always made my babies move.
    Keep us updated

Well i got some movements out of her. Took a bit to get her to move. It was as if shes sleeping and shes telling me to leave her alone LOL

I did work myself up a bit, started to cry as i was waiting for the bath to fill up. I was moving my belly and she just wouldnt move!!

I am really hating this! such an awful feeling..

next time twist your little toe
    its a pressure point

When i have had this problem eat ICE it makes my bubs move everytime, it is actually what the hospital suggests!!! hope all is well!!!

Similar to LMK's - i was told to lie on my left hand side and have an ice cold drink - apparently bubs can feel it better if you lie like that and they don't like the cold so move - worked for me after not feeling any movement for the day when i was about the same weeks with DS#1. Glad all ok

Quote Originally Posted by PlonkeeMumma View Post
    Similar to LMK's - i was told to lie on my left hand side and have an ice cold drink - apparently bubs can feel it better if you lie like that and they don't like the cold so move - worked for me after not feeling any movement for the day when i was about the same weeks with DS#1. Glad all ok
    I was told the same by my midwives

DD did that to me too...*shudder*...still remember the fear I felt.

Glad you've felt movement again!!!

Default Ways to get bub to move?

She prob was resting after all the practice your body was going through in the past few days she would be very tired just like you.

I used to drink ice cold strawberry milk - got her moving every time!
    I was 26 week pregnant on boxing day and remember lying crying on the couch for most of the day because she didn't move at all - all day! Boy, I paid for it in the evening though, she came to life that night and I didn't get a wink of sleep!
    The worry they put us through before they even make an appearance hey?

Hugs
    Sue x

I was told ice cold really sweet cordial

I had this with Miss S. BU made me drink 500ml of ICEY cold water as quick as I could.
    They say you should still be able to feel 10 really strong movements in a 12hr period towards the end give or take a couple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast