Thread: We know about the TWW, what about the FWW?

Default We know about the TWW, what about the FWW?

The FORTY week wait, that is. I am even more impatient this time around than last time!

All I want to do is sleep for the next 25 weeks, only getting out of bed for appointments. I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of trying to think of things to do for Cookie - I'm sure I've done it all already. I am ready to have this baby, and I'm only 15 weeks! I'm sure I didn't start feeling this way until a little later with Ianto... And there's an obvious answer, of course. I did do all this for him. Last year, and early this year. Everything that was ready for him is sitting ready for Cookie. I have already gone through more than forty weeks of pregnancy in the past year, with no baby in my arms to show for it.

But still, I did feel this way last time. Just not as early. The only thing left to do is to buy more clothes, nappies, a mattress for the cot... Nothing I can do right now. All things that can and will wait until much later. I'm just so frustrated! Once again, it doesn't feel like I'm pregnant, and it's killing me. It's hard to get excited, just like it was last time, because it still doesn't feel real. It hardly feels real that I already did all this within the past year. Sometimes I wouldn't even believe that Ianto or Cookie exist(ed) without the photos/ultrasound pictures.

I just want to skip to the giving birth part... Anyone have suggestions for what I can do to prepare for Cookie that doesn't involve too much, if any, money?

How about organising a blessingway, and start thinking about your babymoon for after she arrives?
    And do something this time you DIDN'T do last time - like yoga classes or something - some thing to differentiate the two pregnancies in your head, so they aren't so melded together.
    Knit something special for Cookie to add to the stuff that is just 'sitting there ready' from Ianto, so there is something just for this pregnancy, just for Cookie.

Learn to crochet or knit & make some baby clothing/toys/blankets
    There are heaps of tutorials online & wool is on clearance in most stores because its end of season

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Im with you Teni Im over it already lol I can crochet I just cant start it lol same with knitting. I have a 'shotgun' wedding to plan and I am still bored lol

I'm having fun knitting and sewing and converting op shop clothes into breastfeeding clothes. I walk, cycle, swim or do yoga every day to keep healthy and well, and I do ridiculous little cleaning jobs, like wiping down the handle on the Hills Hoist, so that absolutely everything will be perfect.

wow audax thats nesting to the max!! =P lol

A class or group activity of some sort would really benifit you i think, even one thats not JUST for pregnancy but is still ok to do like aquarobics or maybe a tafe course on sewing or cooking?

I have no ideas to add but i just want you to know i know how you are feeling!
    Its not just not having anything to do for bub that has made my FWW seem so slow but the stress and un knowing after last time.

ummmmmmmmm i gots nothing lol

im lucky ive only got about 3 and a bit weeks to wait lol i'll be in the TWW wait again soon so exciting

Eek, the dream I had last night made me even more desperate to meet this baby - just to see s/he's okay

I need a hug

How about getting out of the house and getting some fresh air? always makes you feel a bit better about things.
    Go and join a yoga class or something like that

Aww babe

Howss abouuuut...meet up with your doula and nut out a birth plan? I have a calmbirth course for you too if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinZulu View Post
    Aww babe

Howss abouuuut...meet up with your doula and nut out a birth plan? I have a calmbirth course for you too if you're interested
    *gasp!* Of course I'm interested! Even if I don't end up using anything, I like to learn about all these wonderful things people can do

Ooh, soon I should be getting my appointment letter for the BC (And thanks everyone for the hugs, I'm really shaken by that damn dream...)

Don't get out of bed till your 40 weeks!!! lol. Seriously, I felt exactly the same after I got pg with Cam, I wish time just went bloody faster!! I remember begging my OB to take Cam out at 35 weeks. He thought I was crazy, but he knew of my loss and understood somehow. The feelings you're feeling are very valid hun, I guess we've been to hell and back and we are still in denial that THIS baby is going to be OK. But you know what?? Cookie will be fine. Cookie will come when he/she is ready and not before!! Enjoy the next few months hun, I remember I had nothing for Josh as I was planning to do the nursery around 30 weeks, and he left at 21. So I had nothing for him and felt such guilt. With Cam, I started buying really early, and everything I bought was confirmation to me that all was going to be OK. Big hugs hun.