Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did/do you call your unborn?

Default What did/do you call your unborn?

Okay what names have you gone through on the way from conception to birth?
    Since we read that our child to be was still only the size of a full stop, it's been known as the Dot. I'm thinking it's probably grown past this stage now, but I don't think it's quite big enough to be a jellybean yet. And what happens after that?

DS was Liebling pretty much since we knew I was pg. Baby Bumpling was the other one that got used a bit, I still like Bumpling - and use it to describe my post-baby tum LOL.

DS is also the Sweetness Swoozle now - don't even ask me how that one started - but is still Liebs/Lieby/Liebling too.

Ds was skittle cause when we first found out he was the size of a skittle! Thanks to DH it stuck! I miss calling him that actually!

Dot is so cute!

Ds was just Jellybean the whole time... after the 20wk scan he graduated to the blue jellybean, does that help?

Otto. Cos I dreamt that I was having a boy and that I named him Otto after a King of Sweden (WTF?). When we occasionally entertained the idea that it was possible that we'd have a girl, we adapted it to Ottete.

Needless to say, I had a girl and after enormous prevarication called her Katrina. But I call her Kittykat or Kitty or Cheeky.

umm

nikolaus was snot
    Wilhelm was always wilhelm
    Vyolett was Mr wonka (wilhelm named her)
    mateauz was sunshine cause he bought us some sunshine after our m/c of twins

Ours is the parasite... I had wanted to go with Caterpillar again, but it was just too painful, and then there was the comment I made to one of my classes in very early pregnancy when I was really struggling with nausea, fatigue and a brain that wouldn't work... "there's just a parasite zapping my energy and turning my brain to mush". It stuck. It freaks people out, but I do love my little parasite!

BW

Chalalan Guest

"Paris"

I was convinced I was having a girl and I was really sick with MS so "Paris" was short for "Parasite"

I'm going to be nicer to the next one and made him feel more welcome!

Chelsea was Bubby (hooooow original)
    Jasmine was M2
    This bub is BumbleBee

Keep 'em coming girls. I'm loving them so far.

Julian was called 'Peanut' because he looks like one in the first ultrasound picture we got at 9 weeks

we called bubs "Jellybean" for the pregnancy so far..coz the first time we saw it, thats what it looked like

Ds 1 was always Moonbeam cus everyone wanted to know what we were going to name the baby so we said moonbeam

Ds 2 was just baby

Ds 3 was bubbles cus of the bubbling feeling you get when they first move

DD was squirt .. yeh Dh chose that one..

Bubs or bubba. Not very exciting or creative

Once we chose the name we refer to the baby by it's name!

Great thread!

Ours are bubble & squeak (or bubbalicious and squeakalicious when i am feeling soppy) we started with bubble because thats what it looked like as a blastocyst when we put them back and then we found out there was two.. so bubble & squeak it is our left over embryos

Although i do have a friend who is due this month so she calls hers July, and it has caught on so much there is talk of making it the middle name

Shan

Buggalugs! All our kids have been called that

I'm calling my bub to come, Mugwump. I was reading Harry Potter and Dumbeldore is apparently the Supreme Mugwump of something..and so Mugwump it is!

Charlotte was and still is The Bump. She graduated to Lump for a little while, but always Bump.

At the hospital for the week after she was born we had to keep reminding ourselves to call her by her name because we were still calling her Bump. lol DF was so paranoid about it that he's convinced if we dont call her Charlotte more often she wont know what her name is! lol

sometimes I call her Bubble too now...dont know why. But Charlotte will always be our Bump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast