Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What nappy bags have you got???

Default What nappy bags have you got???

I want a new one for Zyon's arrival... The one I got for Indah is a yucky cloth el cheapo, I wnat a spunky one this time, but it needs to be largish as I will have a todler & a newborn...

Thanks!! I'm back off to Ebay!!! LOL

Hi Tracey -
    I bought a Baby Gear backpack nappy bag and find that it works very well! It manages to contain the many items I need for DS (and in the early days I carried a minimum of 6 nappies and 4 changes of clothes because of his frequent poos) plus I carry my wallet, digital camera, hat, sunnies, bottle of water, magazine, etc. Good luck finding something that will work well for you...

I gave up on nappy bags with Jas. I could never find one that had everything I wanted, so I bought a kind of large tote bag instead. I just put a couple of smaller toilet bag type things into it to hold creams, wipes etc and a separate change mat and I found this much better. Also, nappy bags are so expensive! I had a look the other day and some were over $120!!! The bag I ended up buying only cost me $60, and I find it a lot more practical.

I will be using the Kapoochi Backpack (Navy) that i bought for my first bub 5 years ago. It is still in fantastic condition, and my husband was always happy to carry it around too. (didn't look too feminine)

I have an over-the-shoulder type one from Target that is a really good size and has lots of compartments, which I like. I do wish that I had've bought a backpack though - I find it gets really heavy and I can't use it comfortably while holding Nat in the Baby Bjorn.

I had a nappy bag/back pack with mackenzie which I got from K-Mart which I purchased because I didn't want a bag which I could hang over the back of a pram,but this time around I'm going to go with the Great Expectation brand. A few mums from Mothers Group have them and they are great. You can get them brand new on e-bay for around $60. I think they are a lot more expensive from baby bunting etc. They are the type you lay on the ground and use as a change mat too.

I bought the most fantastic nappy bag off e-bay.

It's a Nicola Cerini nappy bag.

I love her bags...and it was my big splurge!

It cost $90 second hand (though it's in excellent condition) but brand new they are something crazy like $200!

I'm another one with a GR8X bag (or backpack). I've found it really good as it is light and converts easily to a bag with a shoulder strap which can stand on its own base. It can fit everything I need and is still comfortable to carry and also fits over the pram handles. It comes with a smaller zip-off front backpack which you can put on when travelling for extra stuff or you can use it separately as a small backpack or bag for short trips. It comes with a change mat too. I'm quite happy with it. I think it was about $90.00 but we got it on sale at Baby Target I think for around $75.00.

Monnie I know the Cerini bags you are talking about. They look fantastic. I think anything that looks that good and is practical too is a bonus.

Good luck Trace ... there are probably plenty on Ebay to choose from!

I know a company that does a pretty funky one, although they are waiting for a delivery of more at the moment Although it is a relatively inexpensive one as it's made from canvas.... You might want to have a look in my signature Trace

I bought mine on the weekend I bought a Kapoochi mini backpack. I'm so glad to hear good things about it Jazmum and Caro! It is normally around $90 but I got it at Target for $40 on the weekend - even though it was marked at $63. BIG bargain - total fluke, I wasn't even planning on going into Target and just popped in to have a look around.

I have an allerhand back back. I love it. They have heaps of different styles and I got mine new on ebay for about $10.

so do u guys think back pack is the way to go??? we have been given a baby bjorn carrier but will probably use the pram most of the time... do u think u need a nappy bag or could u just use the bottom compartment of the pram to put all those things in and a normal back pack for the baby bjorn???

I bought mine over the weekend, finally a proper nappy bag! With my other two, I got a cheapy back pack.

What I did was go to kmart on a sale, and I got two nappy bags because they were so cheap. From experience, backpacks are very useful so I got a special nappy bag backpack that had all the compartments and change mat, little cooler things for bottles, etc. I also got a tote nappy bag for the times when I will have the pram out all day and it can hang on it. It also has all the compartments and a change mat. and a cooler section for bottles, etc. Both bags had these zip out compartment thingys, a section for a mobile phone, and even an internal key chain. Plenty of compartments for nappies and wipes and both had this plastic detachable bag bit which I think is for dirty clothes. Wow!

The backpack is on layby, I'm not sure on the brand, but it was $30 on sale. The tote I bought now so I can pack it for the hospital for bubba, and it was only $16 on sale. I'm so happy I got two so I can choose which will suit when I go out. The backpack will be perfect when I am just using a sling or when DP will be carrying it. I'm really excited

I had no idea nappy bags get up to $120?? Wow! the dearest at kmart was $60 I think.

I had a bit of a look in Toys R U s whilkst i was at the shops , coz I need something PRETTY big for both Indah & Zyon....
    Will keep looking & I was thinking of just a bog summer beach tote bag, coz I will need cloth nappies for atleast 1 (hopefully Indah will be out of nappies before Zyon arrives)which take up more room that Sposies, plus drink for Indah & snacks & then change of clothes & bib & then my crap... My current bag doesnt hold enough!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Yeah I have barely used the cottle bits on my bag, coz I breastfed & so no real needfor bottles, only now that indah takes a cup of water or Milk to FDC, have I used the little bottle pockets & as I wont need FDC I wont need the bottle bits as such....???

Oh I love the OiOi nappy bags, they are fab! I didn't end up with one, cos I couldn't get one to match my pram, but I'm trying to think of another reason to get one LOL.

i just got a gorgeous oioi carryall. i have always wanted one - thought it was time to splurge before kid 3 comes along LOL!
    its a good size, i loike it!!

Interesting thread Trace. I hadn't thought about a bag for two! Lots of different opinions too. Good luck with your decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast