Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are you drinking?

Default what are you drinking?

:wave: everyone!

i've got a simple question as i'm one of those people that always has something to drink at my desk.. whether it be coffee or a bottle of soft drink.

having given up coffee since the pregnancy, i feel like i'm even more thirsty cause there's so many different things i can't drink too much of. i've never been a water drinking person so i thought i'd ask everyone what quenches their thirst? so far i've been drinking up to 3 glasses of nesquik a day, a mug of milk tea (which gets my heart racing so i'm trying to cut out that).. and i'm bored of orange juice!

any new ideas?

When I was pg with Olivia it was up in Darwin, so the water was easy as it was so hot up there.

Plus I allow myself 1 small carton of iced coffee a day (Feel Good)

Now (back in Adelaide) I drink apple juice till it is coming out of my ears..............and sometimes fizzy mineral water......

Custardtart Guest

Chamomile tea as a substitute for tea, as much as anything else because it boost the immune system. There have been studies done that show that a control group drinking chamomile tea had significantly less bacterial infections than the other group, even up to three weeks after stopping the test!

Kerrie

I am mostly drinking 1 cup of weak black tea per day, sometimes 1-2 cups of nettle tea, several glasses of milk (usually 2-3), and otherwise mainly water with a splash of lime juice in it. I often have a mug of hot milo at night, too.

When i was pregnant with Kimberley i alsways had water at my desk and would only drink tea at different times in the day.

With Alex i like iced tea.

I go the herbal teas, fresh juices and water. If Im craving, I will have a choc milk.

i have no problem drinking heaps of water, but apart from that i drink decaf coffee. about 3 a day. once i got over my caffeine addiction it was as good as a regular,

Linda

Sorry you are sick of orange juice...im going through it bout 2 litres a day..have u tried apple juice or apple and blackcurrent?

Jo[/b]

I only drank water and had a glass of lemonade if I wanted something fizzy...boring but I love water and it is good for you.

I'm drinking decaf tea & coffee, water and different juices. I think water is the best to quench your thirst, some of the juices actually make me thirstier. Have you tried a slice of lemon in your water and some ice cubes? That might help it go down a bit better.

Melinda Guest

I used to drink loads of water as well, and orange juice.

I used to drink lots of water, juice, homemade banana and mango smoothies, milo, and a cup of tea if I was at work.

With my last pregnancy I drank orange juice like it was going out of fashion (thank goodness mum and dad have an orange tree).

I now live on water or cordial.

Lee-Ann Guest

Well I'm a naughty girl, I still drink tea and I was drinking coffee in my first tri but now I hardly drink coffee anymore I've been more of a tea drinker since second tri. I also like ginger beer (major craving at the mo), raspberry & apple cordial and orange juice and sometimes water. But I'm not a big water drinker either.

I drank heaps of water. Very boring I know but I couldn't get enough of the stuff. Try it with a dash or fresh lemon or lime juice, makes all the difference.

Sparkling water is a good idea too.

I also love ginger beer - very thirst quenching and great for queasiness.

Water, LOADS of OJ, and I must admit to not having been able to kick the Coke habit! I couldn't drink Coke at all in first tri - made me sick, then started craving it when I was over m/s, so now I have 1-2 cans a day. Not as much caffeine as coffee, but way too much sugar! Oh well... Oh, and Iced chocolate if my body asks for calcium.

I'm drinking lots of water, sparkling grape and apple juices, litres of sparkling mineral water and Pineapple juice.

I made up a nice refreshing drink which I'm also madly in love with. You mix cold chamomile tea with Pineapple juice, fresh mint and some soda water.. its so refreshing and a nice change from plain water or juice.

Hi Dana

I have never liked water I think it`s probably to do with my Mum never drinking it.

Throughout my pregnancy I drank very weak cordial, the occasional coke and fanta, tea every morning with my breakfast and from mid trimester I had a milo milkshake every afternoon.

Since having Matthew I have not touched cordial \/ , I`m so proud of myself and I`m drinking water.

Take Care

Deeanne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast